Multiplayer

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
WalkThisWay
Multiplayer

Post by WalkThisWay » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:24 am

Before any of you shout look at the FAQ this thread is just for anticipating multiplayer. Can't wait to play Mario Kart with friends. I think if Exophase and Lordus will implement multiplayer they should take their time because honestly most of the emulators on Android has some lag that make it hard to play multiplayer properly. Minecraft Pocket Edition looks like it has multiplayer down pat, from what I can tell when playing it, multiplayer doesn't lag and is in real time.

beansta

Re: Multiplayer

Post by beansta » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:34 pm

While i share ur enthusiasm for multiplayer (damn mario kart DS :p) there are several barriers that are stopping these guys from doing this. First of all the wifi hardware is quite complicated to reverse engineer, and second if they ever did achieve usable wifi emulation Nintendo 'could' stop the devices from accessing their network. I know this as ive used that version of Desmume which had a working wifi plugin and tested it connecting to my 2 DS's i had at the time and while it worked it degraded the connection experience on the DS, to a point where it was near unplayable. Now on the other hand if there was a way to implement local wifi connections that could be another ball game.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:10 pm

I think what he means is emulation of DS wireless communications multiplayer. I would like that, becuase I could trade my pokemon form SS to black :) but it would probably be hard to implement.

cloud1250000

Post by cloud1250000 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Well since no$gba have started to implement some part of the wifi system.. maybe we can hope to see multiplayer someday ahah
(have heard no$ was documenting everything so... ;))

http://www.akkit.org/info/dswifi.htm
--Current Mobile device--
Htc one ( *-* ) , Xperia play, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crappy phone)

WalkThisWay

Post by WalkThisWay » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:08 pm

Well I was shooting for local multiplayer, not one where you need to use data connection. :)

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:41 pm

WalkThisWay wrote:Well I was shooting for local multiplayer, not one where you need to use data connection. :)
Yeah, 'DS wireless communications' would be better than wifi, because Nintendo can't block local connections!

cloud1250000

Post by cloud1250000 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:43 pm

but.. ??? I was pretty sure it was the wifi or atleast the same chip that control local multiplayer.. you know multiplayer is wireless on the nintendo ds...

well... maybe it's gonna be more harder then the online multiplaying then.. :/
Last edited by cloud1250000 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:52 pm

cloud1250000 wrote:but.. ??? I was pretty sure it was the wifi or atleast the same chip that control local multiplayer.. you know multiplayer is wireless on the nintendo ds...
Yes but you do not need wifi for local multiplayer on a real DS.

cloud1250000

Post by cloud1250000 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:56 pm

I know that... okay.. just to give you a damn exemple... we are talking about the hardware in the nintendo ds... and the one for multiplaying is the same as the one for wifi okay.

On no$gba website, we can see the owner working on the wifi part of the emulation... and the way he choose to test if it was working was to use the pictochat (and this littlre crappy function don't use the internet at all (so no wifi in your language))

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:00 pm

cloud1250000 wrote:I know that... okay.. just to give you a damn exemple... we are talking about the hardware in the nintendo ds... and the one for multiplaying is the same as the one for wifi okay.

On no$gba website, we can see the owner working on the wifi part of the emulation... and the way he choose to test if it was working was to use the pictochat (and this littlre crappy function don't use the internet at all (so no wifi in your language))
Yeah, I did link Pokemon Diamond and SoulSilver in No$GBA, and the other game player appeared in the union room. It was when I went to talk to him that it freezed, so it's definately a WIP.