pokemon migration

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Post Reply
arceus69
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:43 pm

pokemon migration

Post by arceus69 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:09 pm

i have pokemon platinum and pokemon emerald. how do i migrate pokemon such as the regi trio from emerald to my platinum version by using pal park? is migration possible on an emulator and if so, how do u do it?

User avatar
Kyousuke753
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:30 am
Location: ???

Re: pokemon migration

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:00 pm

Post removed for spamming and given a warning.
Last edited by Kyousuke753 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

arceus69
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:43 pm

Re: pokemon migration

Post by arceus69 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:03 am

im still confused

User avatar
Kyousuke753
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:30 am
Location: ???

Re: pokemon migration

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:58 pm

I'm not sure how to do it myself...but I'll try my best to give an explanation.

Long explanation:

1. Put GBA rom aka Pokemon Emerald (get from Google) into the Slot 2 folder located in the Main Drastic folder.

2. Load up Pokemon Platinum and at the start menu of the game it should detect the virtual GBA rom.

3. If it works you should see "Migrate from Pokemon Emerald".

4. Tap it and you're done. Start migrating GO GO GO.

Short explanation:
Put your Pokémon Emerald ROM into the GBA slot(AKA SLOT 2 folder found in the Drastic main folder) Load up Pokémon Platinum game and choose the "Migrate from Pokémon Emerald" option in the menu.
Image

Maytus
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:20 am

Re: pokemon migration

Post by Maytus » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:24 am

Hello,

May I know where did you put the GBA save file? I tried with my .sav file (128kb I think) in the back up folder and didnt show the option to use the migration, tried again with the save file in the slot2 folder and same result, is there any configuration that I am missing?

Foxergamer#1
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:02 pm

Re: pokemon migration

Post by Foxergamer#1 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:11 pm

It's been 4 years since this thread and I wanna know if you found the solution? I don't know where to put the Emerald save file :(

User avatar
kaikun97
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:41 am
Location: England

Re: pokemon migration

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:07 am

Foxergamer#1 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:11 pm
It's been 4 years since this thread and I wanna know if you found the solution? I don't know where to put the Emerald save file :(
Please don't zombie old threads, its better to make a new one.

Put the save file in the "slot2" folder inside the "Drastic" folder in your phone's storage (/storage/emulated/0/Drastic/slot2). The file must be a .sav file and it must have the same name as the .nds or .zip file for Pokemon Platinum.

If the slot2 folder doesn't exist, then make it, but the latest version should do that automatically.

The .sav file needs to be an in-game save made from the start menu and not a savestate. If its a savestate, it won't work. If you used VBA or mGBA or MyBoy, it should be a .sav file already.

Foxergamer#1
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:02 pm

Re: pokemon migration

Post by Foxergamer#1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:17 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:07 am
Foxergamer#1 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:11 pm
It's been 4 years since this thread and I wanna know if you found the solution? I don't know where to put the Emerald save file :(
Please don't zombie old threads, its better to make a new one.

Put the save file in the "slot2" folder inside the "Drastic" folder in your phone's storage (/storage/emulated/0/Drastic/slot2). The file must be a .sav file and it must have the same name as the .nds or .zip file for Pokemon Platinum.

If the slot2 folder doesn't exist, then make it, but the latest version should do that automatically.

The .sav file needs to be an in-game save made from the start menu and not a savestate. If its a savestate, it won't work. If you used VBA or mGBA or MyBoy, it should be a .sav file already.
Yes I did that and it still wouldn't work

xperia64
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: pokemon migration

Post by xperia64 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:49 pm

Foxergamer#1 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:17 pm
kaikun97 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:07 am
Foxergamer#1 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:11 pm
It's been 4 years since this thread and I wanna know if you found the solution? I don't know where to put the Emerald save file :(
Please don't zombie old threads, its better to make a new one.

Put the save file in the "slot2" folder inside the "Drastic" folder in your phone's storage (/storage/emulated/0/Drastic/slot2). The file must be a .sav file and it must have the same name as the .nds or .zip file for Pokemon Platinum.

If the slot2 folder doesn't exist, then make it, but the latest version should do that automatically.

The .sav file needs to be an in-game save made from the start menu and not a savestate. If its a savestate, it won't work. If you used VBA or mGBA or MyBoy, it should be a .sav file already.
Yes I did that and it still wouldn't work
Try naming the ROM and save "slot2.gba" and "slot2.sav" in the slot2 folder. You also need to be far enough in the game to access this feature.

ZephyrFaril
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:01 am

Re: pokemon migration

Post by ZephyrFaril » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:10 am

I hope it's not too late. To migrate from a GBA rom like Emerald, first change the name of the rom and the .sav to be exactly as that of the nds rom. For instance, if Pokemon Diamond.nds also rename the gba rom as Pokemon Diamond.gba and .sav as Pokemon Diamond.sav then place both the renamed gba rom and .sav file in slot2 located in Drastic Folder. After doing so, open the game in Drastic. Then go to Game Menu then Settings. Click on system, there you will find slot 2 cartridge type. Click on it and select GBA cart. Go back to the game, there will be Migrate option. If none, reset the game in Game Menu.

Post Reply