Transfer saves to desmume?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Destany89
Transfer saves to desmume?

Post by Destany89 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:15 am

I recently got a laptop and decided to put desmume on it for bigger screen. I want to transfer my game saves to it and I've googlednit used a converter and desmune won't recognise the saves after I followed the instructions on desmume website : http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title ... _format.3F

So how the heck do I get my saves to work on desmume? I adore drastic but I want tonplay on a bigger screen sometimes. Thank you for reading.

Exophase

Re: Transfer saves to desmume?

Post by Exophase » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Are you talking about savestates or in-game saves? It's possible only for the latter.

You shouldn't need to do any conversion, you can take the .dsv file from /sdcard/drastic/backup and put it in the same directory as the ROM on your laptop.

Destany89

Post by Destany89 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:10 am

Exophase wrote:Are you talking about savestates or in-game saves? It's possible only for the latter.

You shouldn't need to do any conversion, you can take the .dsv file from /sdcard/drastic/backup and put it in the same directory as the ROM on your laptop.
In game saves. And I keep doing that but the save from desmume overwrites I tried overwriting it from drastic save and from just deleting all saves for that game and putting in saves from drastic. Nothing seems to work. I'm using desmume 0.9.10 on windows 7 if that's anything? I've tried methods I've read online and nothing is wanting to work for me. I've got saves from myboy to work on vba though just having issues with ds

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:26 am

Pokémon? DraStic > DeSmuME has always been funky, something with different methods or whatever.

Change your save extesion from .dsv to .sav, start the game on DeSmuME and find it's save with "File > Import Backup Memory...". The game will reset with the save loaded in memory. Now if you save it on DeSmuME things shall work until your next transfer.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Destany89

Post by Destany89 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:52 am

Fefo wrote:Pokémon? DraStic > DeSmuME has always been funky, something with different methods or whatever.

Change your save extesion from .dsv to .sav, start the game on DeSmuME and find it's save with "File > Import Backup Memory...". The game will reset with the save loaded in memory. Now if you save it on DeSmuME things shall work until your next transfer.
Actually I'm trying to transfer harvest moon saves. And I tried the renaming and overwriting and also tried the import but when I go to folder I have the renamed save in it doesn't detect it and says no files here. I also noticed the save from desmume is 64kb and drastic save is 258kb save file if that's anything?
I've tried renaming it tried a converter tried overwriting desmune file with drastics. Tried deleting the desmune save and piping drastics save into it but it just tells me new game.
Also tonight when I tried it again they we're both .dsv this time but still different sizes.

Destany89

Post by Destany89 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:58 am

Also everything is named the same because I copied the games from phone to laptop

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:20 am

Name isn't important here, file format is. Allow Windows to show files extensions if it doesn't and then change "Harvest Moon.dsv" to "Harvest Moon.sav" or something, as DeSmuME can't see .dsv. Import and done. Converters should work if they do, but it's unnecessary.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Destany89

Post by Destany89 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:02 am

Fefo wrote:Name isn't important here, file format is. Allow Windows to show files extensions if it doesn't and then change "Harvest Moon.dsv" to "Harvest Moon.sav" or something, as DeSmuME can't see .dsv. Import and done. Converters should work if they do, but it's unnecessary.
I've tried that many times. I've renamed it from dsv to say and try import and it doesn't detect the save file. Is file size the issue?

Flareonite

Post by Flareonite » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:56 pm

a
Last edited by Flareonite on Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:06 pm

They should work on Desmume no problem. Just change the extension from dsv to sav and you should be good.
OBJECTION!