What would you like to see next from Exophase and Lordus?

Post whatever!
acid
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: What would you like to see next from Exophase and Lordus

Post by acid » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:25 am

Oh well. I have Drastic to keep me entertained. :p

User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1122
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Re: What would you like to see next from Exophase and Lordus

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:18 pm

Maybe (and i'm sure its gonna be a no) Exophase could team up with the folks over at Project M and make a mobile release of the game. We could call it Project M: Pocket Edition :lol:
Last edited by ericbazinga on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Discord: Ericbazinga#9215 (active daily)
Reddit: u/Ericbazinga (active daily)
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx (pretty much defunct)

zxcvbad
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: What would you like to see next from Exophase and Lordus

Post by zxcvbad » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:32 am

I'm personally interested in the PS2 emulator targeted for ARM, that would be a challenging project especially if it won't be an open source but I can clearly see benefits of it's being a closed project. All I know it's always better to start anything early, even if the hardware isn't there yet. As about PS2 what I know that tools are there, even with dolphin it's gets so close now so we can see a fully playable examples on various SoC's like X1,K1 and freedreno developing process goes amazingly well, actually so well that dolphin runs now on A3xx/A4xx with freedreno driver and it supports base_vertex and EXT_buffer_storage (second extension is now officially a part of GLES). Vulkan is coming up soon too, AEP got few desktop OpenGL features, aarch64 set of instructions is a great benefit. So yea, it's a great time for developers who are targeting mobile hardware. Projects like Play and Citra has been started just about in right time.

Exophase
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: What would you like to see next from Exophase and Lordus

Post by Exophase » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:25 pm

If you look at the author's blog Play! was started at least 10 years ago :P

I could see some potential for Roor's PS2 emulator if he decides to target ARM later (he wanted to make an ARM port of DuoS for iOS too, no idea what ever happened to that), although that's not open source.

zxcvbad
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: What would you like to see next from Exophase and Lordus

Post by zxcvbad » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:34 pm

My bad, Play! Caught my eye about 2 years ago, what I remember on his blog he was referring to PCSX2 as a more mature emulator so that made me think he just started developing it. Actually wow, started 10 years ago. And Github, it's why I thought it's an opensource project. If it gets released to a play store well, all this 10 years should be covered ;) https://github.com/jpd002/Play-/tree/android?files=1

Exophase
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: What would you like to see next from Exophase and Lordus

Post by Exophase » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:16 pm

zxcvbad wrote:My bad, Play! Caught my eye about 2 years ago, what I remember on his blog he was referring to PCSX2 as a more mature emulator so that made me think he just started developing it. Actually wow, started 10 years ago. And Github, it's why I thought it's an opensource project. If it gets released to a play store well, all this 10 years should be covered ;) https://github.com/jpd002/Play-/tree/android?files=1
Oh yeah, Play! is open source. Roor's emulator is actually something different, he's calling it Connectix PS2Emu (weird name, I know). It's not out yet but he's given out a private beta and it seems pretty far along. I'm sure the first release will be out soon. More info here: http://ngemu.com/threads/new-ps2-emulat ... pt.169425/

zxcvbad
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: What would you like to see next from Exophase and Lordus

Post by zxcvbad » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:29 pm

In honor to "Connectix Virtual Game Station" :P Thanks for the link, I'm reading it now, so far so good. I wonder why I never heard about it.

Exophase
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: What would you like to see next from Exophase and Lordus

Post by Exophase » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:53 pm

zxcvbad wrote:In honor to "Connectix Virtual Game Station" :P Thanks for the link, I'm reading it now, so far so good. I wonder why I never heard about it.
You'd probably have to have regularly read ngemu to know about it.

Roor has done a lot of emulators over the past 15 or so years. But I don't think any of them ever became that widely used. AdriPSX was out really early, even before ePSXe. Back then I was anxiously waiting for a new emulator to replace PSEmuPro which was discontinued (I had Bleem! but it wasn't that great IMO), and the problem with VGS (for me anyway) is that there was a pretty small window where you could legally buy the PC version. And I guess back then I was more interested in emulators that could enhance the graphics. But later on I could see it was one of the most impressively optimized emulators of all time.

User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: What would you like to see next from Exophase and Lordus

Post by huckleberrypie » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:28 pm

Exophase wrote:
zxcvbad wrote:In honor to "Connectix Virtual Game Station" :P Thanks for the link, I'm reading it now, so far so good. I wonder why I never heard about it.
You'd probably have to have regularly read ngemu to know about it.

Roor has done a lot of emulators over the past 15 or so years. But I don't think any of them ever became that widely used. AdriPSX was out really early, even before ePSXe. Back then I was anxiously waiting for a new emulator to replace PSEmuPro which was discontinued (I had Bleem! but it wasn't that great IMO), and the problem with VGS (for me anyway) is that there was a pretty small window where you could legally buy the PC version. And I guess back then I was more interested in emulators that could enhance the graphics. But later on I could see it was one of the most impressively optimized emulators of all time.
Didn't knew that, though yeah he doesn't seem to be getting that much of a spotlight unlike most emu authors.

acid
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: What would you like to see next from Exophase and Lordus

Post by acid » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:38 am

Huh is ps2 emulation even possible on ARM right now? I was under the impression that even PCs kinda struggled with it.

Post Reply