The Easy Way Out?

Post whatever!
theXavier
The Easy Way Out?

Post by theXavier » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:50 am

Everybody including me wants a 3ds emulator. But still isn't available. So I have an idea. I don't know if this will work but how about instead of making an emulator, convert 3ds games to nds then play it on drastic...

Jay Haru

Re: The Easy Way Out?

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:47 am

theXavier wrote:Everybody including me wants a 3ds emulator. But still isn't available. So I have an idea. I don't know if this will work but how about instead of making an emulator, convert 3ds games to nds then play it on drastic...
How about we also ignore the fact that 3ds and nds are a generation apart and convert all ds games to gba? In fact lets convert ps2 games to ps1 and so on and so forth!
Yeah, that'll work!
/s
Behold my mighty

theXavier

Post by theXavier » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:14 am

Haha walang point para sakin...
There are already emulators for all of those consoles/handhelds. 3DS emulators might not be even possible. But since DS emulators are, and 3DS games are already dumped. Why waste time on making a 3DS emulator when you can just make 3DS games compatible to DS emulators?!?

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:30 am

Don't you get it?? The 3DS is vastly different from the original DS, as in waaaaaaay different. Barring resource requirements, backporting it would be like porting GTA V to the Commodore 64.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:02 am

theXavier wrote:Haha walang point para sakin...
There are already emulators for all of those consoles/handhelds. 3DS emulators might not be even possible. But since DS emulators are, and 3DS games are already dumped. Why waste time on making a 3DS emulator when you can just make 3DS games compatible to DS emulators?!?
Simply because you can't. It doesnt work that way. If you can't even understand how console generations work or defined, then go brush up on your inner gamer before posting something absurd. I would call you intellectually challenged since I'm not allowed to say it in a more crude way since your 'easy way out' is more difficult than making said emulator.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:33 pm

If 3DS were just a DS with trivial enhancements like some of you guys seem to think Nintendo would have made it possible to play at least some 3DS games on DS directly. Like with Gameboy Color games. Clearly this isn't what happened.

You should go look at some screenshots of actual 3DS games sometime, and compare them to screenshots of DS games. Even Pokemon X/Y (probably the only reason you're asking about this) is far beyond what a DS can do.

theXavier

Post by theXavier » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:39 am

Ok. First of all the title of this thread is The Easy Way Out? (Notice the question mark) this is just a suggestion and not a fact. It just sorta came to me went looking at fake emulators
Second. I'm not intellectually challenged. I'm a very smart, imaginative 13 year old boy who will enter another science contest this Friday.
Third. Pokemon X/Y isn't the reason. The reason is Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning...

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:42 pm

theXavier wrote:Ok. First of all the title of this thread is The Easy Way Out? (Notice the question mark) this is just a suggestion and not a fact. It just sorta came to me went looking at fake emulators
Second. I'm not intellectually challenged. I'm a very smart, imaginative 13 year old boy who will enter another science contest this Friday.
Third. Pokemon X/Y isn't the reason. The reason is Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning...
I'm sorry if this came off as offensive. I think Jay_Haru could have put it a better way, but I don't think he meant to say you're stupid (or at least I don't think he did, and if he did he shouldn't have), but lacking in some understanding of what these consoles are like or what it's like to emulate them. It's okay to not know something, and I hope we can help you understand better without feeling put down.

Again, not wanting to sound totally dismissive here, but you should consider an idea that sounds too good to be true to very likely not be. In this case, I would wonder why someone else didn't already write a tool to convert 3DS games to DS.

And it's cool that you aren't in it for Pokemon ;)

Chaoslordmegaman

Post by Chaoslordmegaman » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Patience my friend, someday we will get a 99%(not saying 100% because that would be an original 3DS) working 3DS emulator until then you just need to patiently wait. I mainly want it for inazuma eleven,castlevania and fire emblem so i could play them anywhere ;)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:13 am

theXavier wrote:Ok. First of all the title of this thread is The Easy Way Out? (Notice the question mark) this is just a suggestion and not a fact. It just sorta came to me went looking at fake emulators
Its just semantics to me.
In any case, you approached it on the wrong side and that's the reason i said you're intellectually challenged. Good that you're smart and imaginative and you're into science and not one of the pokelegion but also be advised that there is a reason why what you suggested has never happened.
Also, fake emus is not a best source of bright ideas, just sayin.
Behold my mighty