What would you like to see next from Exophase and Lordus?

Post whatever!
acid
What would you like to see next from Exophase and Lordus?

Post by acid » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:26 am

This is a speculation/ wishing/ dream thread. So nothing is official, and please, no whining or begging. But we can dream! :D. After the great success of Drastic, I would personally like to see them try their magic at a functional android Sega Saturn emulator. How about you guys?

felipne87r

Re: What would you like to see next from Exophase and Lordus

Post by felipne87r » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:14 pm

Emm... Its a good idea,and publish a 3DS emulator please

apeine

Post by apeine » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:29 pm

3DS would be just great. DS emulation was awful a couple of years ago. Then came Drastic and changed the scenario.
It would be great if exophase could do it again for 3DS...
dream dream dream...

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:14 pm

acid wrote:This is a speculation/ wishing/ dream thread. So nothing is official, and please, no whining or begging. But we can dream! :D. After the great success of Drastic, I would personally like to see them try their magic at a functional android Sega Saturn emulator. How about you guys?
The sega saturn used rather complex hardware that is very diffcult to emulate. There is Yabuse Android edition however framerate is very slow even on high end devices.
if you see here http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthrea ... ost3084406 it explains the reason why its an absolute pain to emulate

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:43 pm

I'd LOVE a working gamecube emulator. I tried dolphin (the ONLY android gamecube emulator out there), loaded all my games (which took a while even though I only have four), only to find out that when I opened a game, the emulator instantly crashed. :cry: Perhaps Exophase could try his hand at a gamecube emulator next. I'll even come up with a name for it :lol:

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:28 pm

I'm not interested in doing Gamecube emulation, and I don't think I could single-handedly compete with the Dolphin team anyway.

My thoughts on 3DS emulation can be found here: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/178 ... ntry377595

If I do work on another emulator it'll probably be like all other emulation projects I've worked on and something I won't talk about until it's released or almost ready to be released. DraStic was actually an exception to the former, since I announced it December 31 2012 but didn't release it (for Pandora) until the middle of February 2013. But at least I had videos and stuff to show for it.

acid

Post by acid » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:19 pm

Soooo Exophase can we get a bit excited and read between the lines? The sega saturn option was the only one you didn't deny :p

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:12 pm

Exophase wrote:I'm not interested in doing Gamecube emulation, and I don't think I could single-handedly compete with the Dolphin team anyway.

My thoughts on 3DS emulation can be found here: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/178 ... ntry377595

If I do work on another emulator it'll probably be like all other emulation projects I've worked on and something I won't talk about until it's released or almost ready to be released. DraStic was actually an exception to the former, since I announced it December 31 2012 but didn't release it (for Pandora) until the middle of February 2013. But at least I had videos and stuff to show for it.
Oh well, so i can't play melee on my phone. It's OK, I couldn't come up with a name for it anyway :P

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:06 pm

acid wrote:Soooo Exophase can we get a bit excited and read between the lines? The sega saturn option was the only one you didn't deny :p
lolz, well I don't have a specific speech prepared for why I wouldn't work on Saturn emulation but I'd also advise you not to get your hopes up.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:26 am

Exophase wrote:
acid wrote:Soooo Exophase can we get a bit excited and read between the lines? The sega saturn option was the only one you didn't deny :p
lolz, well I don't have a specific speech prepared for why I wouldn't work on Saturn emulation but I'd also advise you not to get your hopes up.
To put it another way, don't expect him to do a Saturn emu in a whim. Blame Sega for making it a total pain in the rear to study, program and emulate.