Mobogenie

Post whatever!
huckleberrypie
Mobogenie

Post by huckleberrypie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:41 am

Yep, it's that scourge off an app which I often see on my browser. What do you guys think about this? Sure enough, it can be used as a PC suite, but the developer's overly-aggressive marketing, i.e. driveby APK downloads, is way too much.

Well I can get away with installing Adblock on my phone, but that requires root, and regardless it's a major nuisance. Google has pledged to clamp down on such spam but the crap still continues.

Jay Haru

Re: Mobogenie

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:46 am

huckleberrypie wrote:Yep, it's that scourge off an app which I often see on my browser. What do you guys think about this? Sure enough, it can be used as a PC suite, but the developer's overly-aggressive marketing, i.e. driveby APK downloads, is way too much.

Well I can get away with installing Adblock on my phone, but that requires root, and regardless it's a major nuisance. Google has pledged to clamp down on such spam but the crap still continues.
i think if i ever found the dev of the app i shold tar and feather him slowly. just so he knows how it feels. by slowly i mean to pour hot tar just an inch a day.
Behold my mighty

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:Yep, it's that scourge off an app which I often see on my browser. What do you guys think about this? Sure enough, it can be used as a PC suite, but the developer's overly-aggressive marketing, i.e. driveby APK downloads, is way too much.

i think if i ever found the dev of the app i shold tar and feather him slowly. just so he knows how it feels. by slowly i mean to pour hot tar just an inch a day.
Fun fact is that he's Chinese - for sure what they're doing only adds up to their already bad rep when it comes to spam, knockoffs and shoddy products.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:48 pm

huckleberrypie wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:

Fun fact is that he's Chinese - for sure what they're doing only adds up to their already bad rep when it comes to spam, knockoffs and shoddy products.
Not everything chinese is bad lol. I have some nice quality chinese software on my PC. such as QQ, 360 Total Security and 360 Browser.
Also I develop my own software with a few chinese friends, you cant call that untrusted or suspicous :P

EDIT: oops, I bumped the thread without noticing the date it said. Sorry about that

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:20 pm

im sure huck didnt mean it like that. most prolly its sentiment to recent mainland actions towards the SEA countries or something (or i could be wrong altogether). Its just that so much issues on the net nowadays usually come from them like mobogenie.

in anycase reviving zombie threads is vlid since its november. its the month where the dead rise again :D
Behold my mighty

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:24 am

kaikun97 wrote: Not everything chinese is bad lol. I have some nice quality chinese software on my PC. such as QQ, 360 Total Security and 360 Browser.
Also I develop my own software with a few chinese friends, you cant call that untrusted or suspicous :P

EDIT: oops, I bumped the thread without noticing the date it said. Sorry about that
Nah, I didn't mean to generalise or anything. As a matter of fact, I do vouch on a few Chinese software like Easeus' partition manager and recovery software. It's the rash of quality control incidents, counterfeiting and spam that gave them a bad rep lately. Not to mention some Americans criticising the move by companies into outsourcing prodiction to China as hurting domestic jobs.

And no, I'm not alluding to the Spratleys incident either.

MadaraUchiha

Post by MadaraUchiha » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:53 am

Adblock wouldn't stop it xD I've tried everything! And Adblock for android is still in beta and has very little functionality compared to the PC version.