Reicast

Post whatever!
awk
Reicast

Post by awk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:23 am

Anyone tried Reicast?
Is it faring better than nullDC? It looks exciting!

https://www.youtube.com/user/reicastdc

Jay Haru

Re: Reicast

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:51 am

awk wrote:Anyone tried Reicast?
Is it faring better than nullDC? It looks exciting!

https://www.youtube.com/user/reicastdc
apparently this came from the same persons that brought you NullDCE

you can download it on play and test it yourself, dood. carzy taxi was said to work well on an s4.

UPDATE:well, looks like i meet minimum requirement (a9 1ghz) so i think ill check this one out. although i must say, id prolly ply it only coz of capcom vs. snk. if theres any jrpg or jtactiacal games, plese inform me
Behold my mighty

awk

Post by awk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:12 am

I just heard about it, I'll check it out later, I just wanted some discussion!

I would love to see if REZ, Ikaruga and other Shenmue and Skies of arcadia were made playable!

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:15 am

awk wrote:I just heard about it, I'll check it out later, I just wanted some discussion!

I would love to see if REZ, Ikaruga and other Shenmue and Skies of arcadia were made playable!
well, we are having a discussion now.

too bad the dreamcast died as it is. not much rpgs for me to keep interested n it
Behold my mighty

awk

Post by awk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:26 am

it was definitely more of an arcade console, but that's what sega does best after all!

it still had some gems, most of them were reedited since on PS2 in fact.

http://www.listal.com/list/rpg-world-dreamcast-edition

tomkatt

Post by tomkatt » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
awk wrote:if theres any jrpg or jtactiacal games, plese inform me
Only freaking Grandia 2! Great jRPG with one of the best battle systems ever, and rather lighthearted overal compared to the more grimdark games of recent past.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:46 pm

tomkatt wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
awk wrote:if theres any jrpg or jtactiacal games, plese inform me
Only freaking Grandia 2! Great jRPG with one of the best battle systems ever, and rather lighthearted overal compared to the more grimdark games of recent past.
your freakng grandia 2 was played on the s1 and pc. i doubt dc version has much to offer. the ending of it sucks personally btw.
Behold my mighty

beansta

Post by beansta » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Well from my playtest with the only 2 dc games i still have (yet to go and sail the seven seas, arrrr), marvel vs capcom 2 works perfectly...cant really say alot about the controls because i freaking hate touchscreen controls. Sonic adventure 2 spazzes out graphically every other second. Both ran full speed with no jumps in sound whatsoever on my i9305 (which is relatively high end anyway)
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:46 pm

Jay Haru wrote:your freakng grandia 2 was played on the s1 and pc. i doubt dc version has much to offer. the ending of it sucks personally btw.
I played the PS2 version and wasn't really that crazy about it. I understand it had some problems vs the Dreamcast original but I doubt that would have changed my opinion that much. I liked Grandia 1 a lot more.

Always wanted to try the other really highly regarded DC RPG though (Skies of Arcadia), since I never had a Gamecube. Probably because it too got few RPGs.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:44 pm

Exophase wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:your freakng grandia 2 was played on the s1 and pc. i doubt dc version has much to offer. the ending of it sucks personally btw.
I played the PS2 version and wasn't really that crazy about it. I understand it had some problems vs the Dreamcast original but I doubt that would have changed my opinion that much. I liked Grandia 1 a lot more.

Always wanted to try the other really highly regarded DC RPG though (Skies of Arcadia), since I never had a Gamecube. Probably because it too got few RPGs.
hnnn
then i would probably try that as well. hopefully it emultes that game well.
Behold my mighty