Big Fan! Curious abot somethings with Emulator

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
ChuckZ
Big Fan! Curious abot somethings with Emulator

Post by ChuckZ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:50 am

Hello everyone helping out with DraStic!

I think you guys are doing an amazing job! Keep it up! :) I think you making alot of people happy releasing a Emulator like this. Like one of the characters in Pokemon says, "It's amazing what technology can do!" :arrow: :ds:
=) So thank-you I guess on behalf of all the people that love this app (Including myself which is my current addiction.) and don't take the 1up to say it, which i'm sure they are too busy enjoying lol.

Anyways I was curious about a couple of things with the emulator maybe someone can shed some light on regarding DraStic :?: :?:
Is it possible to transfer over a save file from DraStic to a Nintendo DS w/ a CardHack and resume your game through it?
Would it ever be possible to run Pokemon X & Y on high end devices? That aren't 3D enabled?

Also, I know it's a lot of hard work and difficult level of coding and developing but I hope along with everyone else that one day we can see a Multiplayer feature or Online 8-) ... (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Wireless, Wired)

Jay Haru

Re: Big Fan! Curious abot somethings with Emulator

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:03 am

ChuckZ wrote:Hello everyone helping out with DraStic!

I think you guys are doing an amazing job! Keep it up! :) I think you making alot of people happy releasing a Emulator like this. Like one of the characters in Pokemon says, "It's amazing what technology can do!" :arrow: :ds:
=) So thank-you I guess on behalf of all the people that love this app (Including myself which is my current addiction.) and don't take the 1up to say it, which i'm sure they are too busy enjoying lol.

Anyways I was curious about a couple of things with the emulator maybe someone can shed some light on regarding DraStic :?: :?:
Is it possible to transfer over a save file from DraStic to a Nintendo DS w/ a CardHack and resume your game through it?
Would it ever be possible to run Pokemon X & Y on high end devices? That aren't 3D enabled?

Also, I know it's a lot of hard work and difficult level of coding and developing but I hope along with everyone else that one day we can see a Multiplayer feature or Online 8-) ... (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Wireless, Wired)
it may be possible to extract the .sav file and use it on drastic IF theres a software that can translate it to a .dsv file.

no, you cant play pokemon x/y or other 3ds games. its a gen higher and a complicated piece of tech. it has also very different hardware so emulating it requires reverse engineering (which is difficult. this coming from someone with computer engineering experience.) and then writing the code to emulate it.

Multiplayer may or may not come.
Behold my mighty

JePP

Post by JePP » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:06 am

Don't hold your breath for multiplayer/wifi support.

ashketchum805

Post by ashketchum805 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:02 pm

i am very excited on the wifi or multiplayer option :o :o :o :D :D
PLEASE Don't lose HOPE :D :D :D :D :D
Keep up The Good work! :ds:

Ohh many bwould install your emulator if you make it free w/ ads(just a tips/advice) :ds: :ds:

with wifi/multiplayer....you'll be the best! EVER!
Oh! and pleae try working on the GBA SLOT! :D :D
PLEASE! THANK you in advance!

---TO EXOPHASE
---FROM A PAID USER!!! :D :D :D :ds:

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:36 am

ashketchum805 wrote:i am very excited on the wifi or multiplayer option :o :o :o :D :D
PLEASE Don't lose HOPE :D :D :D :D :D
Keep up The Good work! :ds:

Ohh many bwould install your emulator if you make it free w/ ads(just a tips/advice) :ds: :ds:

with wifi/multiplayer....you'll be the best! EVER!
Oh! and pleae try working on the GBA SLOT! :D :D
PLEASE! THANK you in advance!

---TO EXOPHASE
---FROM A PAID USER!!! :D :D :D :ds:
dood, would facepalm if i hadnt already facepalmed enough.
Behold my mighty

ChuckZ

Post by ChuckZ » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:33 am

Jay Haru wrote:

it may be possible to extract the .sav file and use it on drastic IF theres a software that can translate it to a .dsv file.

no, you cant play pokemon x/y or other 3ds games. its a gen higher and a complicated piece of tech. it has also very different hardware so emulating it requires reverse engineering (which is difficult. this coming from someone with computer engineering experience.) and then writing the code to emulate it.

Wow that sounds complicated already at my level lol.
Okay, so practically this is what I had imagined on how it would work.. So
Pleased correct me where I go wrong.

Copy the in-game (pokemon black2) *save* file from the drastic directory on my GS4.
Transfer it onto the memory of the mod chip compatible with a 3DS (which hopefully the mod card recognizes. If not we would need to convert the file, if possible .)
Then Boot the rom of PkMB2 connect either directly or Online and backup/trade my pokemon.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:56 am

ChuckZ wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:

Wow that sounds complicated already at my level lol.
Okay, so practically this is what I had imagined on how it would work.. So
Pleased correct me where I go wrong.

Copy the in-game (pokemon black2) *save* file from the drastic directory on my GS4.
Transfer it onto the memory of the mod chip compatible with a 3DS (which hopefully the mod card recognizes. If not we would need to convert the file, if possible .)
Then Boot the rom of PkMB2 connect either directly or Online and backup/trade my pokemon.
the problem is pokemon trading only goes UP. it never goes DOWN a generation. sure you can trade same gen pokemons but never from higher to lower gen seeing as lower gen doesnt have the codes for new gen ones.
Behold my mighty

ChuckZ

Post by ChuckZ » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:34 am

Bummer.

So a kid with a 3DS playing pokemon black 2 can't transfer his pokemon to a 3DS playing pokemon y?
I thought the whole point with pokemon is to catch em all lol

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:06 am

ChuckZ wrote:Bummer.

So a kid with a 3DS playing pokemon black 2 can't transfer his pokemon to a 3DS playing pokemon y?
as i said, he can transfer a generation higher. meaning he can transfer from pokemon b/w to pokemon x/y. what i mean was that you cant transfer pokemons for pokemon x/y to pokemon b/w.
Behold my mighty

ChuckZ

Post by ChuckZ » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:52 am

Jay Haru wrote:
ChuckZ wrote:Bummer.

as i said, he can transfer a generation higher. meaning he can transfer from pokemon b/w to pokemon x/y. what i mean was that you cant transfer pokemons for pokemon x/y to pokemon b/w.
Oh ok, in that case would my theory work? If I wanted to transfer to a generation higher?
Using a drastic sav to either continue my game on a rom of PkMB2
Or
Trade my pokemon to a higher generation using the same method described before?