Ps2 emulator android - possible?

Post whatever!
nds4ios
Ps2 emulator android - possible?

Post by nds4ios » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:23 am

This question has been asked all over the internet, but i think this is the right place to get a accurate answer. If exophase would answer this qustions, it would be great!!

Is it possible to emulate ps2 on an mobile device at an decent speed?

Would a port of pcsx2 be possible, or should the developers start from scratch?

When do you(exophase) think that we will see a good ps2 emulator be realesed on mobile phones?

Would you(exophase) consider developing the ps2 emulator?

Thanks for the answers in advance!!

Jay Haru

Re: Ps2 emulator android - possible?

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:34 am

nds4ios wrote:This question has been asked all over the internet, but i think this is the right place to get a accurate answer. If exophase would answer this qustions, it would be great!!

Is it possible to emulate ps2 on an mobile device at an decent speed?

Would a port of pcsx2 be possible, or should the developers start from scratch?

When do you(exophase) think that we will see a good ps2 emulator be realesed on mobile phones?

Would you(exophase) consider developing the ps2 emulator?

Thanks for the answers in advance!!
Not to be rude or anything and I think your post is in the right place but... why ask this on an nds emulator site?

Anyways, if the soc is powerful enuf and the dev, really really smart, then prolly. Its not as simple as having a powerful cpu or something. Lets put it this way. Even sony devs gave up on emulating ps2 on ps3 softwarewise coz of the complexities of the emotion engine.
Behold my mighty

nds4ios

Post by nds4ios » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:48 am

Sorry, my bad.

The reason im asking the questions at this forum is becuse we can get a professional opinion from exophase.

The questions has been asked i many forums, and it seams that most people that answers dosnt actually know what they are talking about.

Many answers is like "not even my i7 can handel pcsx2", "maybe year 2025".

Now that we see nds emu running full speed at lowend phones, many people know that exellent programming is the most important part. With a exellent programmet like exophase at this forum, we can get some exellent answers

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:07 am

nds4ios wrote:Sorry, my bad.

The reason im asking the questions at this forum is becuse we can get a professional opinion from exophase.

The questions has been asked i many forums, and it seams that most people that answers dosnt actually know what they are talking about.

Many answers is like "not even my i7 can handel pcsx2", "maybe year 2025".

Now that we see nds emu running full speed at lowend phones, many people know that exellent programming is the most important part. With a exellent programmet like exophase at this forum, we can get some exellent answers
Its fine. I did say probably since exo did the assumed impossible with drastic but a port won't cut it. It had to be written on local arm code from the ground up if ever. Also, note that the emo engine isn't some simple cpu to emulate. Iirc its 2 cpus with timing system or something. The games are mostly 3d and even drastic suffers chokes on lowend socs on 3d.
Behold my mighty

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:26 am

Not to mention the amount of lines you have to use to code it. (2 million +)

mckimiaklopa

Post by mckimiaklopa » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:51 am

I don't think anyone has the guts to develop a fully working ps2 emulator for android(probably bec. of time shortage,inexperience and because of the number of cowards and discouraging people).But I believe if someone will make fully-optimized ps2 emulator for android that is coded far more better than pcsx2,than we might get a very playable ps2 experience on our phones(on the 2d part that is).But thats just my opinion.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:28 am

mckimiaklopa wrote:I don't think anyone has the guts to develop a fully working ps2 emulator for android(probably bec. of time shortage,inexperience and because of the number of cowards and discouraging people).But I believe if someone will make fully-optimized ps2 emulator for android that is coded far more better than pcsx2,than we might get a very playable ps2 experience on our phones(on the 2d part that is).But thats just my opinion.
Well, looking at how pcsx2 as it is, I think its more technological limitations rather than any of your claims.
Behold my mighty

mckimiaklopa

Post by mckimiaklopa » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:40 am

Well I guess your right considering how weak phones are compared to pc's and considering how monstrous the ps2 is.

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:23 pm

mckimiaklopa wrote:Well I guess your right considering how weak phones are compared to pc's and considering how monstrous the ps2 is.
Phone's will be the same level as pc's next year.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Howdareme wrote:
mckimiaklopa wrote:Well I guess your right considering how weak phones are compared to pc's and considering how monstrous the ps2 is.
Phone's will be the same level as pc's next year.
riiiiiiiight in the sense that high end phones are like low end desktops kind of samelevel
Behold my mighty