Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
rriiver
Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Post by rriiver » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:06 am

I ave followed the steps correctly every single time I start a new in game it resets and goes back to my old game and old problems.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:12 am

try updating your app to 2.1.6.2. it is prolly suffering from Octoberfest bug rather than a saveception bug.
Behold my mighty

00Quanta

Post by 00Quanta » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:03 pm

Oh i got my problem on my Pokemon Platinum..Savestates and in game save doesnt working..It always returning on Drastic Homescreen when i load it and when i tried the in game save its nothing but dark background...Help me please...I just have 4 hours of this game and that thing is happened..
BTW
Im using v.2.1.6.1a..

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:10 am

try updating to the newest version. this fixes problems stemming from octoberfest bug.
Behold my mighty

tinoargentino

Post by tinoargentino » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:03 pm

I´ve been using a nos official copy of drastic I found on the internet, version 2.1.0 a, and I would like to purchase the full version. Are my save states on pokemon platinum gonna be usable?

Thanks!

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:50 pm

tinoargentino wrote:I´ve been using a nos official copy of drastic I found on the internet, version 2.1.0 a, and I would like to purchase the full version. Are my save states on pokemon platinum gonna be usable?

Thanks!
if you have the original, yes your savestates will be usable. although, i suggest you start over since 2.1.0a uses nds bios and newer ones use dev based ones. if you really still want to use your states, then just add the nds bios afteryour purchase of drastic.
Behold my mighty

darkmaster

Post by darkmaster » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:05 pm

I'm having the same problem described by other users.
First, I got the corrupted file problem after finishing the battle against N and the other guy.

Then I updated the emulator to the latest version and it worked: I would start the game at my house with all the pokemon and stuff.
But after 1 minute or so of playing, the emulator crashes (goes to the menu to choose the game).
Do you have any idea about what can this be? I'm sending the save file as an attachment.

----------------
Edit: Nevermind, it worked :)

tinoargentino

Post by tinoargentino » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:50 pm

if you have the original, yes your savestates will be usable. although, i suggest you start over since 2.1.0a uses nds bios and newer ones use dev based ones. if you really still want to use your states, then just add the nds bios afteryour purchase of drastic.

Sorry I did not understand that. Will it be possible for me to keep the savestate? If I install the newest version from Market, can I install it with the older BIOS?

Thanks!

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:53 pm

tinoargentino wrote:Sorry I did not understand that. Will it be possible for me to keep the savestate? If I install the newest version from Market, can I install it with the older BIOS?

Thanks!
You can install the BIOS with the newer versions, they go in /sdcard/DraStic/system and should be named nds_bios_arm7.bin and nds_bios_arm9.bin.

tinoargentino

Post by tinoargentino » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Im trying to install the version from amrket right now, but Im having trouble installing it. Ive already uninstalled the older versions I had, but the downloaded one from market still isnt working. What should I do?