Potential new DraStic features?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Lortropic
Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by Lortropic » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:12 am

I want to request a "Change Orientation" function.

The bottom bar are always on the same place (in my tablet), at bottom on landsacape orientation. If you put the "Vertical" layout it will have the status bar at the left and vertical. See the effect:

You can see at the bottom the bar with Home, Back buttons, or the hour.

If you can configure a "Vertical orientation" mode, android will put the status bar the right (and verticall)and you will get more screen.

Another request is the emulator does this automatically: Change the vertical or horizontal layaout automatically (with sensors).

Transpose

Post by Transpose » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:56 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned before (15 pages is a lot to go through late at night. q_q), but I think it would be kind of cool to have "theme" support.
It wouldn't have to be anything fancy, but being able to load your own resources in for the digital controls, menus and the like would be pretty nifty.
Not sure how many people would be interested in creating "themes" for DraStic, but I know I would be. I'm kind of already working on one for some reason... >.>

I've only created a very simple base for the d-pad so far, but I will continue working on it simply because I enjoy customizing things. :p
Yeah...it's not the best, but not the worst either. I'm much better at pixel art than I am at larger scaled things like this. x3

Of course, I don't expect anything like this to take priority over anything else as it's obviously not a necessary feature haha.
Just figured I'd throw that out there. n_n
My passion outweighs my intelligence, so I colour outside of the lines.

heringer

Post by heringer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:48 am

Not sure if already mentioned, but I would LOVE the ability to segregate the 4 face buttons to move, resize, change opacity, etc. Let's say there's a game that will only require you one button. If you could change each button individually it would be possible to hide everything else and only leave showing on screen the required button.

godlesplay

Post by godlesplay » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:26 am

what about my request about moving app to sdcard?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:43 am

godlesplay wrote:what about my request about moving app to sdcard?
this isnt a 'your wish is our command' thread. its basically just a thread where users give their 2 cents on what they would like to see in the future but doesnt necessarily mean it will be followed. even then, the devs are focusing on game compatibility. maybe one day but dont expect it to be instantaneous. the devs listen to the userbase but understand that they have lives beyond the emu. if they add it on 2.1.7 then congrats but if not just wait patiently.
Behold my mighty

TangentThought

Post by TangentThought » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:02 am

awk wrote:I've hacked together a quick concept to clarify what I meant... Don't know if it'll be of any use!

edit:

another useful feature would be to install a notification in the notification bar while the emulator is running. It could hold the saved state to prevent loss of progress in case it crashes while answering a phone call or sending a text, (if the memory is reclaimed by the os) and it's really useful to jump in and out of the emulator.
This. The picture (which is awesome, btw), and the notification.
awk wrote:2 - create a desktop shortcut for a game, very much like the oid emulators. This would be very very nice as it allows people to create folders of their games with art covers and all that.
And if not any of the above, at least this. I have shortcuts for the rest of my games, and having them for DraStic would be awesome!

The devs have done a great job so far, though!

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:13 pm

TangentThought wrote:
awk wrote:I've hacked together a quick concept to clarify what I meant... Don't know if it'll be of any use!

edit:

another useful feature would be to install a notification in the notification bar while the emulator is running. It could hold the saved state to prevent loss of progress in case it crashes while answering a phone call or sending a text, (if the memory is reclaimed by the os) and it's really useful to jump in and out of the emulator.
This. The picture (which is awesome, btw), and the notification.
awk wrote:2 - create a desktop shortcut for a game, very much like the oid emulators. This would be very very nice as it allows people to create folders of their games with art covers and all that.
And if not any of the above, at least this. I have shortcuts for the rest of my games, and having them for DraStic would be awesome!

The devs have done a great job so far, though!
theres already a way to make shortcuts by longpressing on the game icons. using cover art is a waste of time imo since it is not inclded with the game. in any case, the icons are there and is a good replacement for cover art.
Behold my mighty

cyrushehe

Post by cyrushehe » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Buttons that can be moved to custom locations!

Transpose

Post by Transpose » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:17 pm

cyrushehe wrote:Buttons that can be moved to custom locations!
You can already do this. When you go to the menu, long press a layout, then open the menu and select "Edit controller layout".
From there you can then move and re-size the on-screen controls to your liking.
My passion outweighs my intelligence, so I colour outside of the lines.

TangentThought

Post by TangentThought » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:40 am

Jay Haru wrote:theres already a way to make shortcuts by longpressing on the game icons. using cover art is a waste of time imo since it is not inclded with the game. in any case, the icons are there and is a good replacement for cover art.
Sweet! Thanks for letting me know how to add shortcuts.

And no, I wasn't really looking for the devs to add cover art as I usually make my own. I got a custom launcher that allows me to change the pictures used for shortcuts: