Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
DarkMio
Re: From pirate to geniue, I can't save.

Post by DarkMio » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:40 am

I already tried that. :/

Steps:
> Delete old DSV
> start a new game
> skip until I can save
> save game (takes somewhat longer than with an existing dsv)
> softreset the game
> load the new and working savegame
> load savestate
> save
Result: save game has been deleted.

Also I tried to start a new game, load the old savestate and save then again.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:50 am

DarkMio wrote:I already tried that. :/

Steps:
> Delete old DSV
> start a new game
> skip until I can save
> save game (takes somewhat longer than with an existing dsv)
> softreset the game
> load the new and working savegame
> load savestate
> save
Result: save game has been deleted.

Also I tried to start a new game, load the old savestate and save then again.
if an ingame save takes more that 3 secondsto save its corrupt. im not sure what you mean skip until you can save but i tried it many times and it works. also i tend to use the reset feature of drastic more than the soft reset.
Behold my mighty

DarkMio

Post by DarkMio » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:48 am

I tried both resets, everytime the same result.

After starting the game, I speed the process up, choose my gender and my name. After that - and the short intro to your friends, I save the game.
If I fast-forward and save (under 3 seconds), I can restart the game and load. Same works for the first normal-paced saving.
When I load my save game with my 0:00 gametime character and load my save state again and save (savesavesave!) it says, that it's saved - after that, out of the game-menu, I can restart and it says, that the savegame is deleted. :/

I hope this makes any sense.

demonbutter

Post by demonbutter » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:16 am

Not sure what's up with yours darkmio it's worked perfectly for me. As long as the savestate is before the ingame save I  haven't had an issue. Just beat iris and my sage loaded up just fine

DarkMio

Post by DarkMio » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:16 am

I guess I screwed somehow up and have to start over again? Should I upload my ingame savegame for you?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:45 am

if possible yes, but its gonna be a bit weird playing german romsfor me tho...
Behold my mighty

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Ok I believe I fixed my in game saving problem a while ago on Pokemon Black by doing this:

On Main Title screen press Up+Select+B and it should take you to a screen asking if you'd like to delete save file and once deleted cannot recover. Continue on and it will take 5-10 seconds to delete it. The game will reset on its own. Once it has reset, try the steps mentioned minus removing the dsv and I believe it should work. I haven't had a problem since I've done it and it has saved successfully after Elite 4 and everything.

DarkMio

Post by DarkMio » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:08 am

dnyce13 wrote:Ok I believe I fixed my in game saving problem a while ago on Pokemon Black by doing this:

On Main Title screen press Up+Select+B and it should take you to a screen asking if you'd like to delete save file and once deleted cannot recover. Continue on and it will take 5-10 seconds to delete it. The game will reset on its own. Once it has reset, try the steps mentioned minus removing the dsv and I believe it should work. I haven't had a problem since I've done it and it has saved successfully after Elite 4 and everything.
This one worked without any flaw.
Attachments
2013-09-10_08-53-23.png
2013-09-10_08-53-23.png (195.5KiB)Viewed 30980 times

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:12 pm

DarkMio wrote:
dnyce13 wrote:Ok I believe I fixed my in game saving problem a while ago on Pokemon Black by doing this:

This one worked without any flaw.
Good! I'm glad I could help. To avoid anymore threads pertaining to in game saves(Pokémon) or invalid license, may I suggest doing a sticky for each? It looked like my solution worked for each.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:38 pm

dnyce13 wrote:Good! I'm glad I could help. To avoid anymore threads pertaining to in game saves(Pokémon) or invalid license, may I suggest doing a sticky for each? It looked like my solution worked for each.
The next version shouldn't have the save problem, but it might still be good to help people who have corrupted saves from earlier versions. And definitely something for the license problems. At this point I'm thinking what we need is a FAQ (and guides) forum instead of just a global FAQ thread. I'll talk it over with the mod crew.

Thanks for your help, btw.