Pokemon Black 2 - Ingame Save problem

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Gante
Pokemon Black 2 - Ingame Save problem

Post by Gante » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi guys!

First of all, congratulations for this great emulator, it runs very well on my Galaxy S4.

Just one minor issue I'd like to solve. In pokemon black 2, sometimes in order to progress we have to do a ingame save (for instance, after the 2nd badge at the theater thing). However, my ingame save is not working, it says "There is already a saved game file. It is impossible to save..."

As they said I already had a saved game file and that was the source of the problem, I tried to delete the .dsv file... with no success :(

I am sorry if you have already explained how to solve this, but I couldn't find it in the forum.

Thanks in advance,
Gante

Queksilber

Re: Pokemon Black 2 - Ingame Save problem

Post by Queksilber » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Gante wrote:Hi guys!

First of all, congratulations for this great emulator, it runs very well on my Galaxy S4.

Just one minor issue I'd like to solve. In pokemon black 2, sometimes in order to progress we have to do a ingame save (for instance, after the 2nd badge at the theater thing). However, my ingame save is not working, it says "There is already a saved game file. It is impossible to save..."

As they said I already had a saved game file and that was the source of the problem, I tried to delete the .dsv file... with no success :(

I am sorry if you have already explained how to solve this, but I couldn't find it in the forum.

Thanks in advance,
Gante
> I tried to delete the .dsv file... with no success
wat?
You mean it is showing up again after you deleted it or do you mean you have insufficient permissions to delete it?

Gante

Post by Gante » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi Queksilber!

My bad, I didn't explained myself quite right. I did delete the ".dsv" file, from the folder "backup", but when I restarted the game and loaded my save state, I got the same message, saying that I still have a previous save file. However, I do not have any pokemon save in the "backup" folder (I checked again after I tried this).

If I remember correctly, you are required to save the game during the first half hour of playtime. I passed that point with no problems.

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Make sure you have a save state or have backed up using google drive before attempting: When you boot the game and arrive at the press start screen, hold up on d pad and press either start+b or select+b I forget which one and you should be able to erase the corrupted save file that may be causing this.

Queksilber

Post by Queksilber » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Gante wrote:Hi Queksilber!

My bad, I didn't explained myself quite right. I did delete the ".dsv" file, from the folder "backup", but when I restarted the game and loaded my save state, I got the same message, saying that I still have a previous save file. However, I do not have any pokemon save in the "backup" folder (I checked again after I tried this).

If I remember correctly, you are required to save the game during the first half hour of playtime. I passed that point with no problems.
Probably a rom issue? I never encountered this. You could always try a clean reinstall of drastic + deleting /drastic/ directory. Backup your saves (irony) first.
If that doesn't help, try the following:
Fire up desmume on PC and start your rom, play a little and then save ingame. desmume/battery/ should contain a *.dsv file now (ingamesave).
Copy it into the backup-folder of drastic, load your rom (don't continue or load a savestate) and continue your freshly created ingamesave from desmume.
Now load your previus savestate and try to save ingame. If that doesn't do it; the only remaining way to keep your progress would be converting the drastic-savestate to something usable by desmume/no$gba and try to save ingame.

beansta

Post by beansta » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:28 pm

No. There's a way to delete the save file within pokemon black 2 itself. I cant remember what it is but a quick google search should suffice.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/661226-pokem ... qid=327922

This should help you. Make sure you back up your save state, just in case.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Aron2hip

Post by Aron2hip » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:11 pm

Gante wrote:Hi guys!

Thanks in advance,
Gante
It is very easy just get the .sav file rename it to .dsv and pit it in /sdcard/drastic/backup and be sure to rename the save to the exact same name as your ROM file.
Example: Pokemon Black 2 (USA)(Patched).nds
Pokemon Black 2 (USA)(Patched).dsv