Adding cheats to edited game ROMs?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
SassMaster
Adding cheats to edited game ROMs?

Post by SassMaster » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:55 pm

So basically, I've been playing through Pokemon Soul Silver, although I've been doing it with a randomized ROM. This means that all Pokemon are random so that I could find an Arceus on Route 1 or a Magikarp in place of Mewtwo. It's all random encounters, which is pretty awesome.

Unfortunately, I've come to the long grind leading up to the battle with Red and I don't have any cheats, since Randomizing creates a new ROM. Now, I've been stuck trying to use Usrcheat and R4ccc to add cheats to a custom game although I don't know if I'm even doing it right or if the same cheat codes from Soul Silver work in randomized Soul Silver.

I'm kinda stuck, wondering how or if I can add a cheat to a custom ROM and if the same cheats codes will work for a game with a different ID.

TomRoberts

Re: Adding cheats to edited game ROMs?

Post by TomRoberts » Sat May 29, 2021 1:56 pm

Were you able to make any progress in the last 5 years?

kaikun97

Re: Adding cheats to edited game ROMs?

Post by kaikun97 » Mon May 31, 2021 12:50 pm

TomRoberts wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 1:56 pm
Were you able to make any progress in the last 5 years?
Enter the Drastic Pause menu and tap on "Custom Cheats" which is below the "Cheat Database" option. You can press the + icon at the top right to add a custom Action Replay cheat code.

Either use cheat codes designed for the unhacked version of the game or see if there are cheat codes specifically for the rom hack online.

Regardless, ROM hacks change the game's header ID. Its not something we can fix. Its better to ask the creator of the ROM hack.