Can't import DraStic backup or savestate to DeSuME

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
enderlink675
Can't import DraStic backup or savestate to DeSuME

Post by enderlink675 » Wed May 19, 2021 12:34 pm

Recently I've been trying to import a Pokemon HeartGold save I had on DraStic, into DeSuME. Out of all the research I've done it seems like it works for some people, but not everyone. Nothing seems to work for me.
I've tried importing backup memory and changing my backup file to a .sav format so that DeSuME can actually read it, but that does not seem to work. I've tried a few other things as well, but it just seems that there is not a lot of information on this topic. I would like some help with this as I do love this emulator, but sometimes I just wanna use saves from it on my PC for other purposes, and then importing those saves back to DraStic whenever I wanna play on my phone.

This forum doesn't seem too active but it's worth a shot right? Thank you!

SSUPII

Re: Can't import DraStic backup or savestate to DeSuME

Post by SSUPII » Fri May 21, 2021 9:40 am

enderlink675 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:34 pm
Recently I've been trying to import a Pokemon HeartGold save I had on DraStic, into DeSuME. Out of all the research I've done it seems like it works for some people, but not everyone. Nothing seems to work for me.
I've tried importing backup memory and changing my backup file to a .sav format so that DeSuME can actually read it, but that does not seem to work. I've tried a few other things as well, but it just seems that there is not a lot of information on this topic. I would like some help with this as I do love this emulator, but sometimes I just wanna use saves from it on my PC for other purposes, and then importing those saves back to DraStic whenever I wanna play on my phone.

Desmume doesn't read .sav files, Drastic uses the same format that Desmume uses so you don't need to convert it. Just drop your saves in the battery folder
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

enderlink675

Post by enderlink675 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:03 pm

Thanks a ton! I feel a bit stupid now but it seems like everyone has been confused on that. It was really that simple huh?

enderlink675

Post by enderlink675 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:03 pm

SSUPII wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:40 am
enderlink675 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:34 pm

Desmume doesn't read .sav files, Drastic uses the same format that Desmume uses so you don't need to convert it. Just drop your saves in the battery folder
Thanks a ton! I feel a bit stupid now but it seems like everyone has been confused on that. It was really that simple huh?