How can you tranfer pokemon pearl to heartgold ??

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
AnnieYuki
How can you tranfer pokemon pearl to heartgold ??

Post by AnnieYuki » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:42 pm

I've been looking for a way to tranfer my pokemon pearl team to heartgold for roughly a week now. Do you guys have any ideas how to do it ? Thanks for reading this, have a nice day.

KiraIsJustice

Re: How can you tranfer pokemon pearl to heartgold ??

Post by KiraIsJustice » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:35 am

The short answer is you can't, at least not inside drastic itself.

I have been working on a work around and it's complicated. The best solution I have so far is to edit the save files themselves to export the pokemon data and then inject the pokemon into the new save file. I started the process when I wanted to figure out how to get around trade-evolves in SoulSilver. Because of the difficulty associated with NDS multiplayer and wifi operations I'm not sure if any emulator is able to do this.

I am currently working with a combination of tools to attempt a work around, mainly PKHex and the save file converter affiliated with them. Once I can get my pokes exported I am going to use a randomizer to modify Black or White (haven't decided) so they have altered evolutions for so-called "impossible" evos, I. E. trade, and then like I said inject the .pkm files into the new game save. Biggest hurdle is locating the correct save file in DrAsTic and then converting it without data corruption

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:57 am

AnnieYuki wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:42 pm
I've been looking for a way to tranfer my pokemon pearl team to heartgold for roughly a week now. Do you guys have any ideas how to do it ? Thanks for reading this, have a nice day.
With Drastic alone you can't do it.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Not possible with Drastic. You are better off using a save editor tool like PkHex to add the pokemon, stats and moves you want into the heartgold save file.

You can download it here: https://projectpokemon.org/pkhex/

Make an in-game save in both pearl and heartgold before you open the save files in PkHex. PkHex supports the .dsv (not .dss) save format Drastic DS uses. You can find the save in the Drastic/Backup folder. Make sure to back up your save files (not just save states).