PayPal?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
KEITH
PayPal?

Post by KEITH » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:24 am

Google's appstore doesn't accept PayPal, which is quite a problem in trying to buy this app for myself (and it's possibly a roadblock for others as well, seeing as how broadly accepted PayPal is online). Personally, I've been interested in this emulator since the first few days it was released on Google's appstore, and after getting a chance to demo it, I no longer have any doubts in wanting to support it. My only method of being able to do so would be through PayPal, so there's no way I currently can as far as I know.

tl;dr, I've got an interest and the money on PayPal to purchase this app, but Google's appstore doesn't accept PayPal.

awk

Re: PayPal?

Post by awk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:36 am

Yeah, I wish google would implement paypal, I hate Wallet.

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:08 am

Personally, I like wallet, and I see no reason for Google to allow another payment system if I was them.

KEITH

Post by KEITH » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:34 am

AsHperson wrote:Personally, I like wallet, and I see no reason for Google to allow another payment system if I was them.
Look, I'm all for the little competition coming from Google to keep PayPal on it's toes, but the way I see it, the only way I personally could support the app and it's author(s?) would be through PayPal, which is currently not an option.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:26 am

PayPal would just kill the account anyway. They've killed accounts just for accepting donations for emulators. Even stuff like ScummVM: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User:Ender/Paypal (notice how nowhere does legality or even copyright protection come up in their terms of use, they can basically specify whatever they want)

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:29 am

KEITH wrote:Google's appstore doesn't accept PayPal, which is quite a problem in trying to buy this app for myself (and it's possibly a roadblock for others as well, seeing as how broadly accepted PayPal is online). Personally, I've been interested in this emulator since the first few days it was released on Google's appstore, and after getting a chance to demo it, I no longer have any doubts in wanting to support it. My only method of being able to do so would be through PayPal, so there's no way I currently can as far as I know.

tl;dr, I've got an interest and the money on PayPal to purchase this app, but Google's appstore doesn't accept PayPal.
Have you given any thought to buying a Google play card?

awk

Post by awk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 am

AsHperson wrote:Personally, I like wallet, and I see no reason for Google to allow another payment system if I was them.
Just the fact that they have your card info at all times annoys me, seeing all the other info they have too.
At least on steam for ex or amazon they give you the choice to enter it each time.

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:20 pm

awk wrote:
Just the fact that they have your card info at all times annoys me, seeing all the other info they have too.
At least on steam for ex or amazon they give you the choice to enter it each time.
Personally, I trust PayPal less with my card than Google Wallet.

kkthxbye

Post by kkthxbye » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Is there any other possibility to get it legally? I would support it (i even made this account lol) but i don't have a credit card. It's not common at all in my country and there are no google play cards available as well. Google ignores us, we can't even buy their Nexus devices in playstore. the only app i've ever purchased was powerAMP because i could buy it with my paypal on the developers website. I don't want to pirate your work. :(

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:32 pm

kkthxbye wrote:Is there any other possibility to get it legally? I would support it (i even made this account lol) but i don't have a credit card. It's not common at all in my country and there are no google play cards available as well. Google ignores us, we can't even buy their Nexus devices in playstore. the only app i've ever purchased was powerAMP because i could buy it with my paypal on the developers website. I don't want to pirate your work. :(
Use VPN, and install a us playstore and try purchase a us play store online, I had a link for the guide, but i lost it :(