Cannot save state at all.

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Duskye
Cannot save state at all.

Post by Duskye » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:10 pm

I recently updated my custom rom on my Galaxy Tab 2 and installed the newest DraStic. The games booted up fine, but I found that I couldn't quick save or regular save state anymore. I reinstalled my previous rom thinking maybe it was the new rom I've flashed, but I've gotten the same problem.

I've tried this on both Hotel Dusk and LOZ PH, same problems, I have also tried reverting back to a previous version, same problem.

EDIT: I also checked the backup folder and both save states are in tact their, I just can't load them.

Regular saving is working just fine though (Saving in game)

Huntereb

Re: Cannot save state at all.

Post by Huntereb » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:18 pm

The backup folder is where in-game saves are saved, the savestates folder is where you want to look.

Duskye

Post by Duskye » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:23 am

Ah, in that case then yes they are being created as far I can see, I just can't load them.

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:31 am

I would attempt to un-install and save all your saves and savestates, then delete the Drastic folder. Then install Drastic again and throw everything back, then try loading them. I'm not sure what could be causing this specifically as I don't really have enough information to follow with.

Duskye

Post by Duskye » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:49 am

Still not able to load the states. I have also tried just removing the wholer folder and Drastic making a new one. Savew create, but still do not load.

If you need any specific information, just ask.

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:56 am

Well if you're having trouble loading them, did the problem happen after updating recently? After Drastic stopped requiring your own Bios files, savestates stopped working. Use the search feature to find people in the same boat as you, it's not an uncommon problem.

Duskye

Post by Duskye » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:26 pm

It happened after I updated drastic from 2.13 to2.14, but I found a workaround for the moment: If I save state, exit a then continue the game, it will load and save state as usual. It looks like when I try loading one when I load a new game, it doesn't work.