Post whatever!
Huntereb
Re: Ios port we will pay big money

Post by Huntereb » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:30 am

Go have fun. ;)

ZMS

Post by ZMS » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:07 am

Exophase wrote:A6 does support NEON and it'd probably run decently well on it (it's 1.3GHz but performance per clock is a lot higher than Cortex-A9, so it'd be at least comparable to 1.6GHz). But the port isn't something I can just hand off to someone else to complete, it needs a lot of my oversight, and right now I'm too busy with the Android version so it's on hold for a while. The other problem is that there's no really good way to charge for it - Cydia isn't an option anymore since PayPal blocks accounts that take money for emulators. Trying to do something like in-app purchases for this would be a support nightmare, and I'm already at my limit for support :c

Still, hope to think of something sooner or later, even if that means ad-supported only.
Could you tell us when will the first iOS port release? thx
Sorry for my poor English.
-------
Device: iPhone 4S (I am still waiting for the iOS version of DraStic...)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:17 am

ZMS wrote:
Exophase wrote:A6 does support NEON and it'd probably run decently well on it (it's 1.3GHz but performance per clock is a lot higher than Cortex-A9, so it'd be at least comparable to 1.6GHz). But the port isn't something I can just hand off to someone else to complete, it needs a lot of my oversight, and right now I'm too busy with the Android version so it's on hold for a while. The other problem is that there's no really good way to charge for it - Cydia isn't an option anymore since PayPal blocks accounts that take money for emulators. Trying to do something like in-app purchases for this would be a support nightmare, and I'm already at my limit for support :c

Still, hope to think of something sooner or later, even if that means ad-supported only.
Could you tell us when will the first iOS port release? thx
S O O N.
Behold my mighty

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:38 am

*Soon

*AKA Not anytime soon.

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:19 pm

AKA never

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Honestly, we haven't moved in this direction yet at all. Pretty overwhelmed dealing with this version and getting on board a bunch of new users with the same sort of problems is not something we can handle right now. I know that I'll need to work with whoever does an iOS version both to port over some stuff that works with a Linux kernel (Pandora, Android) but won't work there, and I don't have much time for it yet.

It's possible that when it does come out it'll just be free, with zero expectation for support whatsoever, and completely handled by whichever poor soul we push it off on. Don't hold me to that though.

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Exophase wrote:Honestly, we haven't moved in this direction yet at all. Pretty overwhelmed dealing with this version and getting on board a bunch of new users with the same sort of problems is not something we can handle right now. I know that I'll need to work with whoever does an iOS version both to port over some stuff that works with a Linux kernel (Pandora, Android) but won't work there, and I don't have much time for it yet.

It's possible that when it does come out it'll just be free, with zero expectation for support whatsoever, and completely handled by whichever poor soul we push it off on. Don't hold me to that though.
Hahaha, you're so merciless towards ios.

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:11 pm

I expected as much.

HugMeTender

Post by HugMeTender » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Fortunately, the Drastic forum members are MORE than grateful for this project and can behave like rational human beings and realize they are not owed an iOS port ^_^
Image Hell yeah, Dragonite XD

Systems Owned
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running SlimBean 4.3 Build 1
LG DoublePlay with root access running stock
PSP Slim running 5.00 M33-6
ASUS G73SW-A1 Laptop

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:19 pm

That's because most everyone here uses the Android port.