What's The Best Most Powerful Phone For Drastic

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
ricky006
What's The Best Most Powerful Phone For Drastic

Post by ricky006 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:25 am

What's the best most powerful phone and tablet to run Drastic on ?

and can also be rooted :D

Jay Haru

Re: What's The Best Most Powerful Phone For Drastic

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:44 am

ricky006 wrote:What's the best most powerful phone and tablet to run Drastic on ?

and can also be rooted :D
Currently, samsung flagships.
Behold my mighty

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:02 pm

I would say the Nvidia shield is the best phone to run drastic on. Now if we're talking of the more portable variety, the LG G2 wins that with the first phone to be running on the Snapdragon 800 high-end SOC and soon to be rivaled by the Galaxy Note 3 running the same processor.
Now, if you're saying Samsung flagships, don't forget to include HTC flagships because the HTC One has the same SOC as the GS4.

Ego_Bizarro

Post by Ego_Bizarro » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:06 pm

I'm having no slowdowns in any of my games with my Galaxy S3 (even with power saving mode enabled), so I couldn't care less about an even more powerful phone :)

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Not required to have the most powerful phone, I heard someone say they underclocked the phone to 750mhz and still pokemon black was smooth. But not everybody can afford the s4 and blah so I'd say the s3 or if you can't afford that the s2 will run probably every game smooth

beansta

Post by beansta » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:50 pm

I use the S3 LTE, and apart from pokemon Heart Gold suffering from microstutters every other game is running smooth as butter. Although i do run it overclocked.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:10 pm

It's a matter of opinion, honestly. The most powerful phone for drastic would be, well, the most powerful phone on the market. All you really need for Drastic though is a fair amount of ram and a processor at or over 1.5 GHz. Drastic does support multiple cores (Multi-threaded 3D), but it's very unstable at the moment. When looking for a phone to use Drastic, look for one that has more than 1.5 GHz on a single core, because a quad-core 1 GHz phone won't make any difference in performance, unless you attempt to use Multi-Threaded like I said, but it's too unstable to use practically. As for RAM, 1 gigabyte should do nicely, but you could skid by with 512 MB's.

Reading the FAQs will help you greatly in deciding what device to get in order to use Drastic.

philnolan3d

Post by philnolan3d » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:16 pm

AsHperson wrote:I would say the Nvidia shield is the best phone to run drastic on. Now if we're talking of the more portable variety, the LG G2 wins that with the first phone to be running on the Snapdragon 800 high-end SOC and soon to be rivaled by the Galaxy Note 3 running the same processor.
Now, if you're saying Samsung flagships, don't forget to include HTC flagships because the HTC One has the same SOC as the GS4.
Shield isn't a phone, you can't make calls on it. Actually it doesn't even have a wireless radio, just WiFi.

That said, it's running great on my RAZR Maxx and that isn't even current gen any more.

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:23 pm

philnolan3d wrote:
AsHperson wrote:I would say the Nvidia shield is the best phone to run drastic on. Now if we're talking of the more portable variety, the LG G2 wins that with the first phone to be running on the Snapdragon 800 high-end SOC and soon to be rivaled by the Galaxy Note 3 running the same processor.
Shield isn't a phone, you can't make calls on it. Actually it doesn't even have a wireless radio, just WiFi.

That said, it's running great on my RAZR Maxx and that isn't even current gen any more.
I know the radios on the Shield. I'm not saying that you need a cellular connection to make a call. I'm saying you can use VOIP, be it on Groove IP, Skype or, whatever. I call people all the time on my OG Nexus 7 wifi.

x3x

Post by x3x » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:35 pm

ATT galaxy note 2 with alliance rom 5.0, fast, smooth, and no lag at ALL!