Spamming issue

Post whatever!
Howdareme
Re: Spamming issue

Post by Howdareme » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:14 am

Neptune wrote:I usually wish I was a mod but I know it'll never happen anyway so I don't bother hoping or asking since I usually try to help out anyway :)
Same! Come and join mah family

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:01 am

if we just had a captcha we wouldn't even need mods

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:21 am

Do I smell sourgraping? D:
Behold my mighty

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:26 am

Jay Haru wrote:Do I smell sourgraping? D:
Not really, I just want to be able to edit my own posts in a locked thread so making and updating guides would be easier since as of right now its a hassle, I don't particularly want to be a mod, a contributor or content manager is good enough for me since I'm fine making guides and doing small things like that.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:33 am

Not you neptune. I was talking about cake... I could understand the need to edit your locked posts but saying if there's captcha we would not even be here sounds like one. as eating spam is not the only job of mods, we also look out for trouble makers and try to think of ways to improve the forums. Plus we help the devs by taking the load of governing this site from them so they can focus more on DraStic.
Behold my mighty

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:36 am

Jay Haru wrote:Not you neptune. I was talking about cake... I could understand the need to edit your locked posts but saying if there's captcha we would not even be here sounds like one. as eating spam is not the only job of mods, we also look out for trouble makers and try to think of ways to improve the forums. Plus we help the devs by taking the load of governing this site from them so they can focus more on DraStic.
Oh, I thought you meant me since I actually been taking time writing guides up and so forth and it would be nice to be able to lock it to prevent spam but still be able to edit it, as of right now i'm doing a terms and conditions thing for the forums. Feel free to lock it or move it but again I kind of wish I could just edit them.

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:37 am

Jay Haru wrote:Not you neptune. I was talking about cake... I could understand the need to edit your locked posts but saying if there's captcha we would not even be here sounds like one. as eating spam is not the only job of mods, we also look out for trouble makers and try to think of ways to improve the forums. Plus we help the devs by taking the load of governing this site from them so they can focus more on DraStic.
altho i would love to be a mod i don't mind that i missed out. but we really need a captcha a new bot is joining every 3 mins.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:39 am

Neptune wrote:
Oh, I thought you meant me since I actually been taking time writing guides up and so forth and it would be nice to be able to lock it to prevent spam but still be able to edit it, as of right now i'm doing a terms and conditions thing for the forums. Feel free to lock it or move it but again I kind of wish I could just edit them.
Terms and conditions may go to general forums.
Behold my mighty

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:41 am

the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:
altho i would love to be a mod i don't mind that i missed out. but we really need a captcha a new bot is joining every 3 mins.
Yes I agree cake but next time, please word your posts carefully. I understand you're not a native speaker but saying things like that can and will be misinterpreted.
Behold my mighty

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:42 am

Jay Haru wrote:
Neptune wrote:
Terms and conditions may go to general forums.
Awesome and I know this may sound weird and slightly rude but if possible can I have a contributor like position so in case of updating I can freely update these posts/threads without a lot of hassle?

You're free to say no but it would make things easier for me personally.