iControlpad - can't map buttons (SG Note II)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Gamepad
iControlpad - can't map buttons (SG Note II)

Post by Gamepad » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi DraStic fans,

My setup: SG Note II (T-Mobile, 4.12, NOT rooted), latest DraStic from Play Store, original iControlpad (iCP).

I can successfully use my iCP with other emulators and apps on my Note II. For example, in standard mode (Y+Start) I can play PCE.emu perfectly with my iCP. But with DraStic I can't use my iCP at all.

- in standard mode (Y+Start) DraStic doesn't recognize button presses at all when I try to map buttons.
- in iCade mode (A+X+B+Start) DraStic seems to see the iCP as a keyboard device, and registers both the press and depress of each button, so it's impossible to map the controls properly.

Has anyone successfully mapped and used iCP with DraStic on a Note II? If so, how?!

Also, I notice that the .emu apps (PCE.emu, Neo.emu, MD.emu etc.) have a "Scan for Wiimotes/iCP/JS1" option in the menu to properly see the iCP in standard mode. Perhaps DraStic needs such a feature as well?

Thanks for any help.

fzero

Re: iControlpad - can't map buttons (SG Note II)

Post by fzero » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:40 am

Hi Gamepad, are you using the BluezIME app alongside your iCP for use with DraStic?

I am able to use my iCP successfully, though I do not have the NoteII I have had success with my HTC One and also my Nexus 7 tablet.

I posted some instruction here:
http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6

Does that mention any steps which you may not have done in your initial efforts?

Let me know how you get on or want to ask anything

Gamepad

Post by Gamepad » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:24 pm

THANK YOU!!!

I had tried BluezIME the other day but must've missed a step. I am now playing DraStic with my iCP. =)

Still wish DraStic had built-in support like the Broglia's .emu emulators -- no need to setup IME, which is a bit of a hassle. But hey, it's working at least.

BTW, F-Zero is my favorite racing game, and my favorite Nintendo series, so nice nick. Still upset Nintendo let the series die. Really wanted a DS F-Zero but never happened, and haven't bought a Nintendo system since.

awk

Post by awk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Have you tried Speedracer? It's close to Fzero but it's pretty awful.

I'm guessing the console capabilities is why they didn't do it.

GX is pretty perfect though!

On android, give a go to Repulse, it's quite good!