I want to convert a dss file

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
nene
I want to convert a dss file

Post by nene » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:18 pm

My storage file is saved only [.dss] in the game and not as [.dsv].
If I proceed to a file and use the in-game save feature, the [.dsv] will be created, but only the initial data will be saved, not what you are currently doing.
Only [.dss] can proceed. I'm confused because I can't extract the [.dsv] data file. I hope the game is properly saved on the [.dsv].
I tried the recommended site but it did not work.
for your information, the game I am playing is a Korean(KR) version of [Animal Crossing: Wild World].
↓↓Here is the link to download the .nds file.↓↓
-baconbaconeggs. dont post rom links-

'll attach the file in question, and I'd appreciate it if someone could convert this data to a [.dsv] file.
My email is asfd6534@gmail.com.
Attachments
Animal Crossing.dss
(1.93MiB)Downloaded 420 times

SSUPII

Re: I want to convert a dss file

Post by SSUPII » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:18 pm

dss files are for savestates and you can't extract a dsv file from it. Savestate are created using Save in the quick menu or Save Savestate in the Drastic game menu. They containt the exact things you do so you can load it later. They may be useful, but don't rely on them since they have the potential of breaking.

dsv are files that containt exactly what your game is saving when you use the in-game save functions. This files work like saves on an actual cartridge so they don't containt the moment when you save but instead your game data so you can go back on what you were doing later after shutting down the console. This is the safest way to save on Drastic.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:40 am

SSUPII wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:18 pm
dss files are for savestates and you can't extract a dsv file from it. Savestate are created using Save in the quick menu or Save Savestate in the Drastic game menu. They containt the exact things you do so you can load it later. They may be useful, but don't rely on them since they have the potential of breaking.

dsv are files that containt exactly what your game is saving when you use the in-game save functions. This files work like saves on an actual cartridge so they don't containt the moment when you save but instead your game data so you can go back on what you were doing later after shutting down the console. This is the safest way to save on Drastic.
I'm pretty sure the .dss savestates contain a copy of the .dsv in game save appended at the end of the file but only if the game already had an in-game save at the time the savestate was created

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:44 am

nene wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:18 pm
My storage file is saved only [.dss] in the game and not as [.dsv].
If I proceed to a file and use the in-game save feature, the [.dsv] will be created, but only the initial data will be saved, not what you are currently doing.
Only [.dss] can proceed. I'm confused because I can't extract the [.dsv] data file. I hope the game is properly saved on the [.dsv].
I tried the recommended site but it did not work.
for your information, the game I am playing is a Korean(KR) version of [Animal Crossing: Wild World].
↓↓Here is the link to download the .nds file.↓↓
-baconbaconeggs. dont post rom links-

'll attach the file in question, and I'd appreciate it if someone could convert this data to a [.dsv] file.
My email is asfd6534@gmail.com.
Try deleting the .dsv file again and make an in-game save inside the game so that the correct .dsv file is created. If it doesn't load then potentially you are using a version of the game with an incorrect save file size by Drastic DS.

EDIT: Nope, the Korean release is listed correctly in game_database.xml

Code: Select all

<cartridge title="Nolleooseyo Dongmurui Sup">
<slot1>
<rom name="rom" size="0x02000000" crc32="e1fac0da" id="4b4d4441" title="ANIMAL CROSS"/>
<save name="save" size="0x40000" type="Flash" id="0x204012"/>
</slot1>
</cartridge>
Are you using the latest version of Drastic DS from the play store?