Moga Controller

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
xperia64
Re: Moga Controller

Post by xperia64 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:02 pm

I can look into it, but MOGA has always been kind of a hack. The main reason it's a pain is because it was originally designed for Gingerbread, back before Android had real gamepad support. With how old it is, it uses a bunch of old APIs that get even more incompatible each Android version.

Assuming there's nothing wrong with DraStic itself, there's a chance that when we updated to target the latest version of Android, deprecated APIs were blocked/disabled.

CaptainBLZN

Post by CaptainBLZN » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:10 pm

That makes sense. I honestly didn't know that Moga had been around that long. It only makes sense that over time the old stuff would get left behind, especially considering Power-A's Moga line shut down completely not too long ago, cutting off updates.

Thanks for the info! :)

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:32 am

Also, not like MOGA support is very important anyway, because I think those can be used as a normal gamepad. So just configure it as a normal controller, assign the buttons to your heart's content, and that's it.
OBJECTION!

CaptainBLZN

Post by CaptainBLZN » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:30 pm

Maybe some can, but the Moga pocket isn't recognized by DraStic at all without the Universal Driver app, which isn't in the Play Store and is extremely old.

Even with the universal driver app, it can only be used for seconds at a time before it disconnects and has to pair again.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:54 pm

Moga support was broken in previous releases. It may work again in the next version.

CaptainBLZN

Post by CaptainBLZN » Fri May 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the next version :)