Microphone bug re:Mario & Luigi

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Sicky
Microphone bug re:Mario & Luigi

Post by Sicky » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:53 pm

In Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, when the game requires you to blow into the microphone in order to advance, it does not detect it whatsoever. This isn't a matter of not enabling the microphone or anything like that because at the start screen's mic test, it pics it up loud and clear but when you advance to the "Giant Bowser" castle fight and are expected to blow into the microphone to advance, the game does not pic it up and even sometimes crashes if I persistently press the button enough (this isn't happening anymore today). I have tried blowing into the microphone with all permissions enabled, assigning the mic sound to a button, and using the mic simulator on the pull-up circular menu; like I said, the game does indeed pick up the mic but not when I actually need it. Also I played through the entire segment without using save states to see if it would work, but... nope. NOPE

I've seen this addressed in other threads but the answers aren't helpful (addressing mic enabling) or simply not answered at all. Unacceptable! I paid for this neat little piece of software and I'd like to see this issue addressed, who do I have to talk to around here???...

I have updated the app as of this posting to no avail. If someone needs a save state please let me know! Appreciations

tomkatt

Re: Microphone bug re:Mario & Luigi

Post by tomkatt » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:23 am

Enable real mic or simulated mic but not both. I believe real mic is on by default if detected, so make sure to disable it if you're assigning mic to a button.

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:26 am

The game is expecting the DS microphone that is way worse then your phone's one.
The Giga Bowser battles are annoying on Drastic because of this problem. The only workaround I found is to blow from different angles and find where you need to blow for the game to detect. While doing this try to change the microphone level.

I know, this is far from ideal
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

Sicky

Post by Sicky » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:12 pm

Apparently the imitation mic sound just won't work with Bowser despite picking it up at the mic test. The only response I've gotten has been to use the actual microphone, the problem being this is very inreliable and has only worked for me twice and only to battle completion once. Tapping the mic button from the pop up menu and then blowing works "Okay" but I think I may need to register better blows for a more challenging battle further in the game if I've read accounts correctly. So getting the actual microphone to work is my current frustration, and I've isolated and enabled permissions... I appreciate the reponses tho :mrgreen: