Emulator Questions

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
RocketStone
Emulator Questions

Post by RocketStone » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:37 am

Hello Drastic community,

I have not bought the emulator yet but I've heard rumors even from the own FAQ that there is a supposed "Demo" version of the game and I'm not really having any success finding it. So I downloaded a free version "Pirated" one that seemed to work fine except that I don't think the 2nd slot worked but maybe that is part of the errors with cracked version. It also seems to have required to be online all the time since when it is launched offline it just wont launch but maybe that is another problem with a cracked version?

1. My question are where is the demo version? what features can I test in the demo version?

2. Does DraStic require a internet connection to work?

I'm very skeptical of buying this emulator because the FAQ clearly states that the developers are reluctant to hand out refunds. So I'm not willing to risk buying an app that wont work for me.

Thank you for your time.

dsattorney

Re: Emulator Questions

Post by dsattorney » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:06 pm

1. The demo version isn't avaliable anymore, because Google Play's refund policies got a bit more flexible. Its features are just like the ones on the full version, except you can't use savestates or save in-game, and a timer takes place after a game has started. When that timer runs out, the game quits.
2. It only needs to connect once to do some license verification shenanigans, but after that, you can use it without the need of an internet connection.
RocketStone wrote:the FAQ clearly states that the developers are reluctant to hand out refunds.
That's only true if you don't have a good reason to request one. Although you won't probably ask a refund from the devs anyway because of Google Play's updated refund policies.
OBJECTION!

RocketStone

Post by RocketStone » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:37 am

Okay, so is the need for connection every time I boot up the emulator? or just once after I purchase it?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:42 am

RocketStone wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:37 am
Okay, so is the need for connection every time I boot up the emulator? or just once after I purchase it?
You only need to connect once. Make sure you turn off drastic properly. Next time you open it, you do not need internet to use the app.
Behold my mighty

RocketStone

Post by RocketStone » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:32 pm

Awesome! :D