Help with a Castlevania savestate that became incompatible just after closing it !

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Cadencecassettes
Help with a Castlevania savestate that became incompatible just after closing it !

Post by Cadencecassettes » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:31 am

Help with a savestate that became incompatible just after closing it !

Hey guys,
Hope everything is fine.
Been a year since I purchased this beauty so -
My issue :-
I have been playing Castlevania : Portrait Of Ruin for a long time now, I rely on savestates- I also do save my game regularly but here's what happened.

1) I was playing the game, saved it manually and then did a quicksave - after that that I closed the app.
2) When I opened it again, it said something like " This save state is incompatible, a different bios file was being used " - something like that and an older save state was loaded.
3) I thought that I could at least load the game save file and clicked the in-game option " suspend " but it unfortunately saved the game then and there thus overwriting the save file.

Here are a little clues or things that I thing might help with deducing this problem :-
a) I changed my system default launcher from Google to Nova Prime
b) Castlevania has two endings, I played the bad ending first and watched it till the end where it saved the game, then loaded the quick save before pursuing the choice of ending - then did the good ending and over-saved the manual save file --> but that wouldn't affect the save state, right ?

EDIT: My personal layout for the virtual controller, appears in the editor- the 3 extra button are enabled but won't show up on the screen ! Even when I save them as a global layout, they are invisible for every game and the default layout shows up. I reinstalled the app but this still is happening !
Hoping that you guys will look forward to my problem.
Have a nice day.

SSUPII

Re: Help with a Castlevania savestate that became incompatible just after closing it !

Post by SSUPII » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:28 am

You may have closed Drastic while it was creating the savestate or another error occurred while creating that savestate corrupting it.
You have overwritten your main save by saving with the older savestate, you can't do nothing anymore.
The only thing I can say is that you should not trust savestates. I don't mean to not use them (i use them and often) but to double-check every time. Before closing the app after doing a savestate, load that savestate to make sure that it is not broken.
If you load on old savestate but you don't want to overwrite your main save just don't do anything that modifies your save file, close the app and reload from the start or from a newer savestate.

The 3 Special Buttons are disabled by default. To activate them go to your Drastic settings and in the Virtual Gamepad page give each Special Button a function.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

Cadencecassettes

Re: Help with a Castlevania savestate that became incompatible just after closing it !

Post by Cadencecassettes » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:34 am

SSUPII wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:28 am
You may have closed Drastic while it was creating the savestate or another error occurred while creating that savestate corrupting it.
You have overwritten your main save by saving with the older savestate, you can't do nothing anymore.
The only thing I can say is that you should not trust savestates. I don't mean to not use them (i use them and often) but to double-check every time. Before closing the app after doing a savestate, load that savestate to make sure that it is not broken.
If you load on old savestate but you don't want to overwrite your main save just don't do anything that modifies your save file, close the app and reload from the start or from a newer savestate.

The 3 Special Buttons are disabled by default. To activate them go to your Drastic settings and in the Virtual Gamepad page give each Special Button a function.
Thank you Meowth, I was really hoping for this help, this happened once again, can it be due to using a different launcher ? As it never happened before and the savestates of the specific game are ending with 0 than the usual 8 !
Anyway, thank you so much man !

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:38 pm

Um... Just call him SSUPII.
OBJECTION!

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Cadencecassettes wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:34 am
Thank you Meowth, I was really hoping for this help, this happened once again, can it be due to using a different launcher ? As it never happened before and the savestates of the specific game are ending with 0 than the usual 8 !
Anyway, thank you so much man !
Using a different launcher does not affect any Drastic feature, something else happen to the savestate.

Have you deleted all the savestates? When creating a new savestate Drastic uses a new save slot and 0 is the first one (even if this is strange because you are supposed to see 1)
dsattorney wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:38 pm
Um... Just call him SSUPII.
Nha, I'm fine with being called Meowth :lol:
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:29 pm

SSUPII wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:02 pm
Nha, I'm fine with being called Meowth :lol:
That's nice to know... I guess.
OBJECTION!