Potential new DraStic features?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Howdareme
Re: Potential new DraStic features?

Post by Howdareme » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:04 am

A port for arm6 would be nice. I would buy this if they're was a port :x And for those who saves arm6 is too slow are wrong! There are thousands of tweaks and scripts out there. Also, many arm6 devices have oc past 1GHZ

dbrof

Post by dbrof » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:14 am

The touch buttons is too small and hard to control ,especially in portrait mode.
Been able to ajust the size of touch buttons should be nice .

sigfy

Post by sigfy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:45 am

Would it be possible to import existing game saves ?

beansta

Post by beansta » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:51 am

Lordus wrote:
matthileo wrote:
beansta wrote:Id love the ability to add ur own cheats to games. Im playing a rom edit of a game i backed up called pokemon sacred gold (guess the real game :p) and as far as i can tell i cannot add my own codes...unless im being stupid lol
I want this as well. The built in Mew event codes for SS don't work :/
BortzANATOR wrote: You can already add cheats to games.
Only from a list. You can't add your own codes
You can take the usrcheat.dat from DraStic's folder, add cheats with an editor, and place it back.
After some digging in the android subdirectories i found that out before seeing this post
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

JustPixels

Post by JustPixels » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:54 pm

Floating joystick would be nice :)

therysin

Post by therysin » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Edited out.
Last edited by therysin on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

calc84maniac

Post by calc84maniac » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:16 pm

There are two features I've thought of so far that I'd like. One is to make the Android "back" button optionally open the menu, because the normal method to open the menu is really tedious with those small buttons. The other is to allow setting two screen orientations that get switched between based on phone orientation, e.g. when I hold the phone sideways display the top screen only, when I hold it upright display in portrait mode. Something like that.

Edit:
One more thing I'd like is the ability to set integer scale for screens. I'm reluctant to do Scale2x if I can't set the screens to 512x384 pixels exactly.

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:29 pm

How about multiplayer like how MyBoy does it with either on the same system or bluetooth/ad-hoc? Also, to just completely throw ideas around, how about emulating the poke walker thing that goes with HG/SS? or emulating an ir blaster? How about the ability to load up a gba save state so the emulated ds thinks there is also a gba game inserted where some games can interact with that like pokemon diamond in migrating pokemon from the older games.

mr_loon

Post by mr_loon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:23 pm

+1 for true integer scaling of the display, with options for X1,X2,X3,X4,X5. Was hoping that the X2 filter would do that.

In terms of UI, I Would also like to see :

Generally : An assumption that the default way someone will use DraStic is to hold their device with the screen in portrait mode. This makes sense to me as it most closely mirrors the most common way of using a real DS.

A few specific requests :

1) Allow selections to be made in the Main Menu (Continue, Load new game etc.) with hardware controls as you can in the Configure Options menu

2) Provide a method to exit the configure options menu without having to use the Android Back Button (I like to disable the 'taskbar' when gaming to either use all available screen estate or hide anything none game related)

3) An optional screen layout for Ouya / Stick TV use where the device screen is viewed in landscape mode (as per your TV / monitor) but the DS screens are show one above the other. Lot's of screen wasted I know but the best solution available for a lot of games if played on TV.

4) The ability to call up the menu by tapping the none touch screen (or perhaps perform some other function like toggle screen layout etc.)

hpmk720

Post by hpmk720 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:07 pm

just add 2 features and u ll have my money :P

1. speed cap for fastforwarding so users can play rpgs on x1.5 x2 x3 x4 etc speed

2. autosave(it says it has autosave but it is not quite working)