DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Post whatever!
ericbazinga
Re: DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Post by ericbazinga » Sat May 12, 2018 12:31 pm

huckleberrypie wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
dsattorney wrote:Considering it is a high-end phone, it may be possible to get maybe 40-50 fps. But not 60.
the s3 is like 6 years old so not really high end by todays phones
If anything, the S3's specs would be by and large entry-level material nowadays.
Then we might want to test how it runs on more advanced phones.
Anyone got a Samsung Galaxy S9 or something?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Nexus1999

Post by Nexus1999 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:45 pm

PPSSPP & PCSX2 are both open source. If DamonPS2 Pro is using PPSSPP open source code I hope it's from PPSSPP Gold, because that version runs better than the free PPSSPP & the libretro core based on the free version.

slamandar

Post by slamandar » Sun May 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi guys,
About this new Damon ps2 emulator, it's pretty surprising its capable of running some games with decent speed, especially on the galaxy s9,
I don't want to be rude or anything, but most of the people on youtube and other social media are supporting Damon emulator "developers" even if they know that Pcsx2 team did all the hard work, why? simply whenever someone comes to Pcsx2 forum and ask about a Ps2 emulator for android ( pcsx2 android) they keep saying it's not happening, won't even be playable because no phone in existence will run a PS2 ... meanwhile, a bunch of dudes comes out with Damon emulator which is of course a port of Pcsx2 source code and now people are playing Devil May Cry 3 nearly full speed on Chinese gaming tablets. That's like a slap in the face for the Pcsx2 team.
Sorry if my English is bad, I'm French !

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun May 13, 2018 9:13 pm

slamandar wrote:Hi guys,
About this new Damon ps2 emulator, it's pretty surprising its capable of running some games with decent speed, especially on the galaxy s9,
I don't want to be rude or anything, but most of the people on youtube and other social media are supporting Damon emulator "developers" even if they know that Pcsx2 team did all the hard work, why? simply whenever someone comes to Pcsx2 forum and ask about a Ps2 emulator for android ( pcsx2 android) they keep saying it's not happening, won't even be playable because no phone in existence will run a PS2 ... meanwhile, a bunch of dudes comes out with Damon emulator which is of course a port of Pcsx2 source code and now people are playing Devil May Cry 3 nearly full speed on Chinese gaming tablets. That's like a slap in the face for the Pcsx2 team.
I think the reason isnt because they made the port but it is because the original devs did not meant the app to be used on android. or maybe they are just being dicks :/

in any case, like someone once said: someone gonna do it eventually.
Behold my mighty

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue May 15, 2018 8:54 am

I just hope that DamonPS2 stays, at least as an official port of PCSX2. Nobody wants to say goodbye to the fastest PS2 emulator yet. That'd be like throwing away the Blu-Ray of a movie and going back to VHS. I seriously hope the PCSX2 devs realize this and don't totally destroy the project. Especially since I haven't tried it out yet.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Tue May 15, 2018 8:05 pm

ericbazinga wrote:I just hope that DamonPS2 stays, at least as an official port of PCSX2. Nobody wants to say goodbye to the fastest PS2 emulator yet. That'd be like throwing away the Blu-Ray of a movie and going back to VHS. I seriously hope the PCSX2 devs realize this and don't totally destroy the project. Especially since I haven't tried it out yet.
The problem is that the fork was illegal to begin with.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:19 pm

huckleberrypie wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:I just hope that DamonPS2 stays, at least as an official port of PCSX2. Nobody wants to say goodbye to the fastest PS2 emulator yet. That'd be like throwing away the Blu-Ray of a movie and going back to VHS. I seriously hope the PCSX2 devs realize this and don't totally destroy the project. Especially since I haven't tried it out yet.
The problem is that the fork was illegal to begin with.
This is the real issue.
The PCSX2 team wouldn't have stopped anyone from making a fork or port of PCSX2 so long as they abide by the GPLv2, requiring among other things that the source code of that fork be released. The DamonPS2 team have not complied with this requirement and until they do, the fork is illegal and should be taken down.

Nexus1999

Post by Nexus1999 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:47 pm

So all The DamonPS2 people have to do is open source their code & DamonPS2 can stay?

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:58 pm

Yeah, but they're fairly typical Chinese developers who don't care about licensing at all and are more looking to make a quick buck off the hard work of others. A number of similar shady devs have stolen older versions of DraStic's core and put it in their apps too.
Don't expect the source to be released unless someone steals it from them, they somehow figure out how to make a profit from releasing the source, or very unlikely, but possibly if they abandon it.

I also wouldn't trust software that's this heavily obfuscated. They're either hiding something malicious, or are just trying to make it harder to prove it was based on PCSX2.

Nexus1999

Post by Nexus1999 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:19 pm

"DamonPS2 Pro obtained copyright in P.R.China. All Rights Reserved." -DamonPS2 Emulator - PPSSPP PSP Playstation2 Emu from Read More section for the app in Google Play Store

DamonPS2 Emulator - PPSSPP PSP Playstation2 Emu is listed under Offered By.