DarStic won't load my games anymore

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
SchrekOnTheDeck
DarStic won't load my games anymore

Post by SchrekOnTheDeck » Sat May 05, 2018 3:53 am

I haven't used it for around 2 or 3 months and now, when I try to load a game from the "Load new game" section, it loads around aprox. 1/5 of the bar and then it sends me back to the homescreen - that is for each and every rom I have. I didn't update DraStic and I have paid for it. It worked just fine when I last loaded and played games.
I am tempted to unninstall and reinstall it, but I'm afraid of losing my savestates (or maybe even game saves if it has anything to do with the emulator), even though I am connected to Drive - also, not being able to acces the in-game menu, I think I can't put my savestates on drive unless I do it manually.
So I'll go the safe way, I'll wait for an answer. Thanks in advance.
DraStic version: r2.5.0.3a
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4, Android version 5.0.1
The only book that makes me cry is "Organic Chemistry - Tests for National University Admission"

SSUPII

Re: DarStic won't load my games anymore

Post by SSUPII » Sat May 05, 2018 7:52 am

- Rename the Drastic's folder located in the internal storage (hint: Drastic0000).
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Once the install is complete, open Drastic and wait until the main menu full loads (When the buttons Continue, New Game etc. appears).
- Delete the new Drastic folder (Delete the folder that got created called Drastic, DO NOT DELETE THE RENAMED FOLDER)
- Rename the old Drastic folder you renamed back to "Drastic"
- Done. You will have to setup again the emulator's settings
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

SchrekOnTheDeck

Post by SchrekOnTheDeck » Sun May 06, 2018 6:41 pm

Did that and it worked, thanks! ... with only one exception: Pokemon Black 2.
I managed to fix my drastic issue and then I launched Pokemon Black 2, because I wanted to solve my time-corruped save file. It worked perfectly, but only for the first time. Then I resterted DraStic and tried to launch it again to actually fix its problem, but when I pressed "Start Game", it took me to the main screen, it was frozen and it even lagged my phone a bit. I then launched it again and again, same result. I launched Pokemon HeartGold and Black 1, both worked really well. Looks like its a problem with Black 2 rather than with the whole emulator... Any ideas?
Oh and btw gotta thank you buddy you were always the first to find fixes or answers to my questions! :D :D :D
The only book that makes me cry is "Organic Chemistry - Tests for National University Admission"

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Mon May 07, 2018 4:48 pm

No problem, I like helping here.

For Pokemon Black 2 you can try (If one fails, try the other):
- If you have cheats activated disable them in the Drastic options and load the game. Then disable any activated cheat from the cheat databese and any activated custom cheat.
- Redownload the game (make sure that the file name is EXACTLY the same as before so Drastic will load the old save).
- Move the save file somewhere else and open the game. You can find all Drastic's save files in Internal Memory/Drastic/backup
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage