[External Controller] Disable Z-Axis / LR Triggers

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
GLScarves
[External Controller] Disable Z-Axis / LR Triggers

Post by GLScarves » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:00 pm

Hello, this is my first time on this forum.

I'm using an < Afterglow Gamepad for Xbox 360 > as a gamepad with Drastic on Android.

Is there a way to disable the Z-axis used for android joysticks? My gamepad has the LR Triggers bound to control the Z-axis (a frequent issue amongst Xbox One gamepads apparently)

The main issue regarding Z-axis is trying to use the Right Stick mode to control the touch screen input. If I plug in my gamepad and start Drastic and play, the right stick works normally and I can control the touch input perfectly fine. However if I even graze the Left or Right triggers (triggers, not bumpers) a little bit on my gamepad, the Right analog stick gets overrided by the LR Triggers in terms of controlling the touch input. At this point the right analog stick no longer works, and the LR Triggers control the touch input.

Using Pointer Mode, I notice the pointer stick gets pulled all the way to the top left corner of the screen.
- If I pull the Left Trigger, the pointer stick goes right until it hits the right edge of the screen. If I let go, the pointer stick gets dragged back to the left edge again.
- If I pull the Right Trigger, the pointer stick goes down until it hits the bottom edge. If I let go, the pointer stick gets pulled back to the top edge again.

So if I pull both L and R Triggers at once, the pointer stick in pointer mode goes from the top left corner to the bottom right corner. If I let go, it goes back to the top left corner.

The issue gets fixed if I quit/force close Drastic, unplug my gamepad, then replug my gamepad and reopen Drastic. The right stick controls touch input again, however touching the LR Triggers causes the problem all over again (and it gets set off by the slightest push, so its difficult to avoid this because the typical way of holding the controller involves having your fingers over the LR Triggers).
Last edited by GLScarves on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

xperia64

Re: [External Controller] Disable Z-Axis / LR Triggers

Post by xperia64 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:23 pm

GLScarves wrote:Hello, this is my first time on this forum.

I'm using an < Afteglow Gamepad for Xbox 360 > as a gamepad with Drastic on Android.

Is there a way to disable the Z-axis used for android joysticks? My gamepad has the LR Triggers bound to control the Z-axis (a frequent issue amongst Xbox One gamepads apparently)

The main issue regarding Z-axis is trying to use the Right Stick mode to control the touch screen input. If I plug in my gamepad and start Drastic and play, the right stick works normally and I can control the touch input perfectly fine. However if I even graze the Left or Right triggers (triggers, not bumpers) a little bit on my gamepad, the Right analog stick gets overrided by the LR Triggers in terms of controlling the touch input. At this point the right analog stick no longer works, and the LR Triggers control the touch input.

Using Pointer Mode, I notice the pointer stick gets pulled all the way to the top left corner of the screen.
- If I pull the Left Trigger, the pointer stick goes right until it hits the right edge of the screen. If I let go, the pointer stick gets dragged back to the left edge again.
- If I pull the Right Trigger, the pointer stick goes down until it hits the bottom edge. If I let go, the pointer stick gets pulled back to the top edge again.

So if I pull both L and R Triggers at once, the pointer stick in pointer mode goes from the top left corner to the bottom right corner. If I let go, it goes back to the top left corner.

The issue gets fixed if I quit/force close Drastic, unplug my gamepad, then replug my gamepad and reopen Drastic. The right stick controls touch input again, however touching the LR Triggers causes the problem all over again (and it gets set off by the slightest push, so its difficult to avoid this because the typical way of holding the controller involves having your fingers over the LR Triggers).
If the triggers and the right stick are producing the same analog axis events, there's nothing I can do about that.
I can try to look at what joystick events are being received by the app with my Xbox controllers.