Moving The Menu Button

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
kaiser20xx
Moving The Menu Button

Post by kaiser20xx » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Dear drastic developer, can you move the menu buton from bottom to top of the screen. So that's button not bothering me when i touch the lower screen panel. Thanks for your attention.
Attachments
DraStic-DS-Android-Nintendo.png
DraStic-DS-Android-Nintendo.png (77.01KiB)Viewed 17368 times
DraStic-nintendo-ds-emulator-android-2.jpg
DraStic-nintendo-ds-emulator-android-2.jpg (64.54KiB)Viewed 17368 times

fandeathmyth

Re: Moving The Menu Button

Post by fandeathmyth » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:03 pm

As far as i know, it can't

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Not sure if its just me but I kind of like it at the bottom, it makes it easier to get to start and select.

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Neptune wrote:Not sure if its just me but I kind of like it at the bottom, it makes it easier to get to start and select.
My thoughts exactly ^^

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Well, I think op has a point there. Especially on small screen size and with big thumbs
Behold my mighty

awk

Post by awk » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:45 am

The current problem is mainly that screen touches go through that button, and can be a pain (like in Zelda, you point link to walk down everytime you try to open the menu if you're playing fullscreen).

One thing that could be really good is to separate the settings for disable back and disable menu. Because while back closes the emulator and is a pain, menu is a useful thing to be able to use.

That said, I have my menu button mapped to switch screens and I would really hate to have to go into the menu everytime I need it switched (I like playing with one screen fullscreen or a tiny screen on the side that I sometimes need to switch to). That's why I really believe that a PIE like menu would be really great!

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:53 am

awk wrote:The current problem is mainly that screen touches go through that button, and can be a pain (like in Zelda, you point link to walk down everytime you try to open the menu if you're playing fullscreen).
Actually being able to move the menu button in this instance fixes the problem since you have it set to use the touch screen only.

awk

Post by awk » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:57 am

Yeah but it becomes hard to reach quickly (it's useful to being able to freeze a game at any time if you want to save or whatever) and also lots of games have useful info displayed at the top, for some reason. Also, if the touches go through it when it's at the bottom, it would do the same when it's at the top!

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:14 am

awk wrote:Yeah but it becomes hard to reach quickly (it's useful to being able to freeze a game at any time if you want to save or whatever) and also lots of games have useful info displayed at the top, for some reason. Also, if the touches go through it when it's at the bottom, it would do the same when it's at the top!
Considering that if you are able to move the menu then you can easily move it to a space where it won't be selected as often like in the top left corner etc thus can use the tochscreen without problems with minimal changes needed so focus can be on compatibility and bug fixes.

Also most of us use in game saves not save states so its not that much of a hassle.

awk

Post by awk » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:18 am

I guess there could be a setting for it indeed. But like I said, it also needs to not let touches through. The weirdest is that I actually have the option ticked off, so touches wouldn't go through any of the other on screen buttons. I have hardware buttons though so they don't show up.

I personnally pretty much only use save states, I can't be bothered to wait for the game to launch each time! I like jumping in and out of games.