Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Tugfa
Yo

Post by Tugfa » Mon May 29, 2017 6:05 pm

For when the multiplayer mode? :ds: :cry:

SSUPII

Re: Yo

Post by SSUPII » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:29 am

The multiplayer system of the Nintendo DS hasn't been completely understood yet.
For the lack of informations, is impossible to make a fully working multiplayer emulation
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

Steak_Typhoon

Post by Steak_Typhoon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:17 pm

There is some multiplayer homebrew games. How could those ever have been made if multiplayer isn't understood yet? DraStic doesn't even have WiFi in general yet. And there's some homebrew that can browse the internet (DSOrganize for example). Is it more of a question of parsing the DS's WiFi code and translating it to work on another protocol?
Steak Typhoon: The most delicious natural disaster.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:23 am

I swear, if I had a dollar for every time someone asked about multiplayer or WiFi for DraStic, I'd have enough to buy a Nintendo Switch.
Steak_Typhoon wrote:There is some multiplayer homebrew games. How could those ever have been made if multiplayer isn't understood yet? DraStic doesn't even have WiFi in general yet. And there's some homebrew that can browse the internet (DSOrganize for example). Is it more of a question of parsing the DS's WiFi code and translating it to work on another protocol?
That's multiplayer on an actual system. We're talking about emulating that, which the creators have no idea how to program.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:42 am

i would point out that homebrew games does not necessarily need to know what protocol the original hardware uses. it just needs to give the command and the hardware will do the rest. This is not as simple as anyone thinks because again the protocol is unique to the DS (as in not standard wifi protocols you find anywhere else) so thank nintendo for issues with multiplayer emulation.
Behold my mighty

Steak_Typhoon

Post by Steak_Typhoon » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:10 pm

Jay Haru wrote:i would point out that homebrew games does not necessarily need to know what protocol the original hardware uses. it just needs to give the command and the hardware will do the rest.
Right, I keep forgetting the NDS has a BIOS that took care of those things.
Steak Typhoon: The most delicious natural disaster.

Callmeneon

Post by Callmeneon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:51 am

Have you tried to use lan party as a option of multiplayer

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:22 am

Callmeneon wrote:Have you tried to use lan party as a option of multiplayer
You may as well ask if we can connect phones using a usb hub to do multiplayer.

could you even imagin how a lan party works on a wireless network when it is used for WIRED connectivity?

try to give a more absurd idea why don't you.
Behold my mighty

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:38 am

TDFW!!!!!!!
OBJECTION!