[POLL]Who uses controllers?

Post whatever!
beansta
Re: [POLL]Who uses controllers?

Post by beansta » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:05 pm

Rooted users could use USB/BT joycenter + Joy2Touch, since you can map hardware inputs to touchscreen. I Use this to play many games like Beat Hazard and Modern Combat 4. Great app. Works with many wired/wireless gamepads.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:47 am

beansta wrote:Rooted users could use USB/BT joycenter + Joy2Touch, since you can map hardware inputs to touchscreen. I Use this to play many games like Beat Hazard and Modern Combat 4. Great app. Works with many wired/wireless gamepads.
The weird thing with the OUYA controller though is that I cannot figure out how to map the right joystick.

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:11 am

Most emulators on the Android market don't support a lot of right joysticks, which is odd. I'd like an explanation for that!

My current set up is shown below, and it works pretty damn great.

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:32 am

Huntereb wrote:Most emulators on the Android market don't support a lot of right joysticks, which is odd. I'd like an explanation for that!

My current set up is shown below, and it works pretty damn great.

Thatssss a nice VITAndroid you got there, it'd be a sssshame if anything were to happen to it. :3

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:22 am

Saw that a few years back on some tech blog I already forgot the name. Kirf, kirfs everywhere :3

Didn't know it has neon... lucky b...
Behold my mighty

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:20 pm

AsHperson wrote:Thatssss a nice VITAndroid you got there, it'd be a sssshame if anything were to happen to it. :3
You don't know where I live!!!
Jay Haru wrote:Saw that a few years back on some tech blog I already forgot the name. Kirf, kirfs everywhere :3

Didn't know it has neon... lucky b...
That's one of the reasons I picked it up, because the control scheme is exactly like the PSVita. xD

Schprlock

Post by Schprlock » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:41 pm

Touchscreens are great for games like Plants vs Zombies or Cut the Rope, or games that are made FOR the touchscreens (Nintendo showed us that with the NDS - PocketPCs had a lot of crap games and no good ones, until Nintendo changed the game).
For other kinds of games, there's no substitute for proper buttons and nubs. I had a Zeemote, a PC gamepad, a Yinlips (crappy) console, the Archos Gamepad, and now the Iben L1, which is absolutely amazing.

So yes, I use all kinds of game controllers, but the freedom of an Android based console is great. And we're getting close to perfection, with the Chinese on top of the game (although I can't wait for a 3.5" - 4" screen - they went from "small is beautiful" to "the bigger the better"). Shield is on the right track, but I hate the form factor. Too big, too heavy.

PPSSPP and Drastic are great reasons to get an Android based console, believe me!

incognito27

Post by incognito27 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:04 am

I've been planning to get a PS3 controller soon after I got my hand on this emulator.
But I'm not sure if I should waste my money so hastily.
Is it worth it guys? Will I get bored of the controller soon?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:39 am

incognito27 wrote:I've been planning to get a PS3 controller soon after I got my hand on this emulator.
That really depends on you. I had my cheap usb for 6 years already and has made the transition from my old p4 desktop to my c2d laptop and is now in service for my tablet.

Its indispensible esp since I have rather huge fingers and don't want to accidentally press anything that may make me rage. If you are used to consoles and handhelds its a must esp since touchscreens doesn't give the kind of feel you get from it. Just my 2 pesetas but you know what I mean.
Behold my mighty

incognito27

Post by incognito27 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:45 am

Jay Haru wrote:
incognito27 wrote:I've been planning to get a PS3 controller soon after I got my hand on this emulator.
That really depends on you. I had my cheap usb for 6 years already and has made the transition from my old p4 desktop to my c2d laptop and is now in service for my tablet.

Its indispensible esp since I have rather huge fingers and don't want to accidentally press anything that may make me rage. If you are used to consoles and handhelds its a must esp since touchscreens doesn't give the kind of feel you get from it. Just my 2 pesetas but you know what I mean.
Well i am a pretty huge button smasher on my PSP. But the only game i play on drastic right not is Pokémon, and I dont really need a controller for that.
However I do plan to expand the Android game library on my phone and am unsure if there are other android games worth a controller.