NeoDS not Working

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Exophase
Re: NeoDS not Working

Post by Exophase » Tue May 17, 2016 2:44 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:so by following xperia64's guide we can get it to work?
I haven't independently confirmed that it works but I trust that he knows what he's talking about.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Tue May 17, 2016 2:45 am

if it becomes stable and works are you planning on making a guide Exophase? sorry for asking too much questions.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue May 17, 2016 3:03 am

It's not unstable. It just needs external tools. I never imagined people trying to create the files on their phones.

The best path forward would be to integrate DLDI image creation and R4 patching into the emulator itself. That's not especially trivial and has a poor work to demand ratio. The next best thing would be if someone else made an app that did it, but I have no idea if there'd be any takers there.

Does NeoDS really have features that native Android NeoGeo emulators lack? It definitely wouldn't be my first choice in NeoGeo emulation...

Smoker1

Post by Smoker1 » Tue May 17, 2016 4:58 am

All the Emulators out there run only Base Roms that Main Emus would run. MAME4Droid runs either the 0.37 or 0.139u1 Roms from those Releases. Neo.Emu, same thing and the FBA Emu kind of sucks because there is a problem mapping the Controls correctly. It would be nice if someone Ported HBMAME to Android, or added it to RetroArch. So for now, no Emulator runs any Homebrew/Hacked Arcade Roms. PPSSPP runs the CPS1PSP/CPS2PSP/MVSPSP, but there are problems. You need the right Release or it will not work, or if you have the correct one, it runs Slow, you can not access the Menus, or it will crash eventually.
NeoDS would be the only bet for the NeoGeo side of it. I figured it should work........guess not. Was thinking, if Drastic had a Folder Directory specifically for DS Homebrew it can point those Apps to use that as the Directory. Example, NeoDS:
Directory as seen from File Explorer or when connected to PC
/DraStic/
Can Create a SD Card Folder to serve as Homebrew. Apps in this Folder can use it to access Info they need. In the case of the NeoDS version I have, it needs to look at the Root Directory of the MicroSD Card in my DSTwo or GW Blue Cart. So if the Homebrew is shown listed in this Directory, DraStic would point it there as being the Root inside that Folder. Hope I explained it correctly and you can follow where I am going with it. If anything, that Directory can serve as a Loading area for any Homebrew Users prefer. Say there is a Homebrew Game or Emu that works better for them.
N3DS XL (Aus) 9.2 - GW 10.3
GPD XD (64GB)
PSVita (1st Gen) 3.51
PSP 3000 03g - 6.20 Pro-C2