Half Life ported to Android

Post whatever!
Android Fan
Half Life ported to Android

Post by Android Fan » Fri May 22, 2015 9:29 pm

Just saw that theres a ps2 emu for android being made so how about this:
Half Life 1 Has been ported to Android too :)

Some russian guys ported the custom goldsrc engine xash3d to android and half life 1 can be fully played!!!
Also beloko games a guy/company who ports classics on mobiles has made a version with really great on screen controls game looks like is an official port lol

I tested on 512mb 1.2ghz dual cpu lg phone i got like 20 fps less at rare moments and most of time its 40-60 fps game looks and feels like it runs full speed
Its almost like playing the original thing there are minor differences but anyway game is looking very sexy on a phone xD
This is just a 2 months old alpha version some people make different builds with changes and fixes and there are planned updates for mods support games like op force and blue shift cant be sadly played yet

Google Xash 3D 4pda this page got most info but you need a translator to view russian and translate your posts to russian to post and it would be cool if somebody pro helps them with the project

Its funny how in the last years full speed favorite emus and classic games were made on the OS i use lately dat luck is epic

Pics from beloko version with touch controls which are easy to customize need to drag icons where you want all the important buttons are there even quicksave and load so far playing up to blast pit was easy not hard to aim and shoot or walk jump etc
Attachments
water.png
water.png (173.93KiB)Viewed 16319 times
dis.png
dis.png (229KiB)Viewed 16319 times

TkSilver

Re: Half Life ported to Android

Post by TkSilver » Fri May 22, 2015 9:40 pm

Ummmm..... you do know that half life 2, episode 1, and portal are officially ported on to android already. The issue is you have to have a nvidia chipset to run them, well not exactly they are developed for the tegra chipset. If you are rooted you can run gltools to fake your chipset and are able to run the game with varying levels of success.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:22 pm

TkSilver wrote:Ummmm..... you do know that half life 2, episode 1, and portal are officially ported on to android already. The issue is you have to have a nvidia chipset to run them, well not exactly they are developed for the tegra chipset. If you are rooted you can run gltools to fake your chipset and are able to run the game with varying levels of success.
Yeah, but those are not Half Life 1.

Android Fan

Post by Android Fan » Fri May 22, 2015 11:40 pm

And this is for all phones not just tegra...

Speaking of it some people are trying to port the nvidia ports to non tegra devices some day we may play them on a simple phone :)

Android Fan

Post by Android Fan » Sat May 23, 2015 9:21 pm

here is a link to the app for dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dgtry323wrda ... B1%5D?dl=0

You need to have half life owned in steam, make a folder named xash in your internal storages root and take the folder valve from half life folder and put it inside the xash folder
App aint illegal so i decided to post it (theres no game data in the app and engine is written from scratch and app is free)

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Sat May 23, 2015 11:04 pm

I was never able to actually start a new game in xash, and the log complains about decals.wad, but I can load multiplayer from the menu and load maps with the console, so that works.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun May 24, 2015 12:07 am

I wonder if anyone could port some Nintendo games using this engine... Super Smash Bros. Melee anyone? :D

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Sun May 24, 2015 1:39 am

Android Fan wrote:And this is for all phones not just tegra...

Speaking of it some people are trying to port the nvidia ports to non tegra devices some day we may play them on a simple phone :)
Technically you already can if you are rooted and use gltools to falsely report your chipset as a tegra one. The only issue is performance, the tegra gpu is not just for show when it gets used properly. But it is a cool thing they are working on porting goldsrc to run on arm. There has also been some wprk on some of the dooms and some unreal tournament games too. I can understand your enthusiasm though since one of my favorites is getting more playable (Arcanum) so I hope it continues to get worked on and continues to improve.
ericbazinga wrote:I wonder if anyone could port some Nintendo games using this engine... Super Smash Bros. Melee anyone? :D
Sure just find me a nintendo game that runs on Valve's game engine (goldsrc). But more on topic there are a few ok N64 emulators and there is dolphin if you can run it for gamecube games.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun May 24, 2015 10:45 am

TkSilver wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:I wonder if anyone could port some Nintendo games using this engine... Super Smash Bros. Melee anyone? :D
Sure just find me a nintendo game that runs on Valve's game engine (goldsrc). But more on topic there are a few ok N64 emulators and there is dolphin if you can run it for gamecube games.
I know about the emulators, I have an n64 one, and I tried Dolphin on my phone, with no luck. (The games wouldn't even start up!)
Now, maybe if we reverse-engineer Half-Life 1's engine (mainly how the got it to work), we might be able to port a Nintendo game in its place... BUT WHICH ONE WILL WORK?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Android Fan

Post by Android Fan » Sun May 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Weird I just copied my valve folder to xash in my internal as instructed and ran game with new game option idk why you get errors
I used data from my steam half life latest version