Higher resolution rendering

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Exophase
Re: Higher resolution rendering

Post by Exophase » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:26 pm

zeroobligation wrote:just out of curiosity, will AA be implemented along with high res rendering? :?:
No.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:16 pm

Exophase wrote:
zeroobligation wrote:just out of curiosity, will AA be implemented along with high res rendering? :?:
No.
That would add to the overhead anyway.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:06 pm

Exophase wrote:For huckleberrypie. :P

Is that a pc version of drastic you're using?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:19 pm

ericbazinga wrote:Is that a pc version of drastic you're using?
Yes (for Linux specifically), and no, you can't have it :P

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Exophase wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:Is that a pc version of drastic you're using?
Yes (for Linux specifically), and no, you can't have it :P
It's an internal release, unless if for some reason Exo decides to put it up as payware on your favourite Linux application repo.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:05 pm

huckleberrypie wrote:It's an internal release, unless if for some reason Exo decides to put it up as payware on your favourite Linux application repo.
The Pandora version isn't payware (http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=DraStic), but I doubt I'd want to support something for PC. Even just Linux, where people would not be happy with a lack of source code.

There's a lot less reasonable demand there anyway.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:28 pm

Exophase wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:It's an internal release, unless if for some reason Exo decides to put it up as payware on your favourite Linux application repo.
The Pandora version isn't payware (http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=DraStic), but I doubt I'd want to support something for PC. Even just Linux, where people would not be happy with a lack of source code.

Shame, a PC version of drastic would squash others, I know it surpasses desumme in several ways (you can't even play Mario kart on desumme without it being laggy). Are you sure you won't make a pc version (and if you do, PLEASE make a version for Windows, I don't have Linux) ?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:32 am

Exophase wrote:

I know the Pandora build is free, but 'tis true on the Linux PC version. It's something the likes of rms wouldn't be happy about, though Torvalds himself doesn't mind a bit of proprietary code.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:16 pm

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:41 pm

Maybe it's because I am getting older and grew up durring 80-90 but even though I can see the difference between the 2 screens I don't honestly seem to care too much. If it causes no loss of framerate or playability on my galaxy tab S I guess I will use it and if it dose I will turn it off and be just as happy I don't have to carry a DS plus 15+ cartridges when I travel.