DraStic Glitch Repository

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
xperia64
Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by xperia64 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:12 pm

"Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2 (2525)" and "Doki Majo Plus (4037)" have some major garbage graphics on the title screen and at some other points in the game.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:10 am

xperia64 wrote:"Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2 (2525)" and "Doki Majo Plus (4037)" have some major garbage graphics on the title screen and at some other points in the game.
Found the bug. The game uses the capture unit to blend the 3D screen with a bank that's mapped to a texture slot, meaning on the real hardware it should be accessible. It looks like it does this deliberately in order to get it to read 0x0 from that space and darken the screen. But the emulator is reading the textures which come up as garbage. Will be fixed in the next beta.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:01 am

Looks like the wardobe bug in Kit Mystery Challenge has pretty much been squashed now. Thanks dude, you really are quite the ninja. :D

zeroobligation

Post by zeroobligation » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:07 pm

noticed this minor graphical glitch in Puyo Pop Fever, where upon beating an opponent, the red "Yeah!" flashes on and off above the blue "Oh no!!" on the npc side column. don't remember seeing it when i played it some time ago.

settings:
newest drastic
multi-threaded off
frameskip 0
rest are default
see screenshot for the error.

savestate: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uu4xw9cdq4o50 ... 8.rar?dl=0
Attachments
puypopfever.jpg
puypopfever.jpg (57.31KiB)Viewed 15093 times

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:12 pm

Device: LG Optimus
Version: current beta
I was trying out hi-res on some of my games (Mario kart looks better on DraStic than on my DS :o ), but that's when I encountered a graphical bug in Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem (Floor 1, DK level). Several textures are on wrong screens, and it seems like the top and bottom screens traded places. Unfortunately, I can't seem to be able to attach a savestate or even a screenshot :?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:41 pm

Make sure that both 'Multi-Threaded 3D Rendering' and 'Keep Main Screen on Top Screen' are disabled.
Either of them could cause such issues.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:08 pm

Lordus wrote:Make sure that both 'Multi-Threaded 3D Rendering' and 'Keep Main Screen on Top Screen' are disabled.
Multi-Threaded 3D Rendering WAS on, but even turning that off didn't help. (as an addition to my last comment, I'd like to mention that turning off hi-res didn't help either.)

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:12 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
Lordus wrote:Make sure that both 'Multi-Threaded 3D Rendering' and 'Keep Main Screen on Top Screen' are disabled.
Multi-Threaded 3D Rendering WAS on, but even turning that off didn't help. (as an addition to my last comment, I'd like to mention that turning off hi-res didn't help either.)
Turns out I hadn't restarted DraStic correctly, yeah turning that off did fix the issue. Oops :?
Anyway thanks for the help! :D

behmer

Post by behmer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:57 am

Fog seems to cause strange green lines on trees in Animal Crossing.

Mod edit: the attached image was too large, either scale it down or link to it.

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu May 07, 2015 8:46 pm

behmer wrote:Fog seems to cause strange green lines on trees in Animal Crossing.
I found some green lines in TLoZ: Spirit Tracks in a few areas, although not as bad as in Animal Crossing. I made sure to test without 2x rendering or multi-threaded rendering and I even tried disabling edge marking; none of these cause the issue.
Attachments
Screenshot (May 7, 2015 8-33-04 PM).png
Screenshot (May 7, 2015 8-33-04 PM).png (66.8KiB)Viewed 14929 times