folders missing

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
anbu_fritz
folders missing

Post by anbu_fritz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 pm

OK, I just purchased this app and I wanted to import my roms from my laptop. I moved soul silver into it and have been having issues as far as where to put the save. I've looked on the stickies and found that I'm supposed to put it in Android\data\com.dsemu.drastic\files\backup. Well my problem is the com.dsemu.drastic file is nowhere to be found. Either in my internal storage or my sd card. I decided to just play soul silver and make an ingame save as soon as I could which I did. After that, i thought a folder would have been created with the new in game save. I did just that and I no folder was created. It's frustrating because there is an in game save now. Where is that in game save being stored?... please help -.-

Lordus

Re: folders missing

Post by Lordus » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:31 pm

That folder was only used in early versions of DraStic. Now you can find the in-game saves in /sdcard/DraStic/backup

anbu_fritz

Post by anbu_fritz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:39 pm

I checked both internal and sd card storage and no drastic folder was found. any other ideas?
I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing the app

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:54 pm

anbu_fritz wrote:I checked both internal and sd card storage and no drastic folder was found. any other ideas?
te folders wont be created ntil you start drastic for the first time. you cn make the folder yourself if you want. also, when lordus said sdcard, he means the internal memory
Behold my mighty

anbu_fritz

Post by anbu_fritz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:57 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
anbu_fritz wrote:I checked both internal and sd card storage and no drastic folder was found. any other ideas?
te folders wont be created ntil you start drastic for the first time. you cn make the folder yourself if you want. also, when lordus said sdcard, he means the internal memory
That's the thing. I've already used the app. I started a new game in my soul silver, and made a new in game save. Whenever I start the game, the in game save is loaded, but I have no clue where that save is actually stored in my phone.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:00 pm

anbu_fritz wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
That's the thing. I've already used the app. I started a new game in my soul silver, and made a new in game save. Whenever I start the game, the in game save is loaded, but I have no clue where that save is actually stored in my phone.
could you upload an image(pic) of the folders in your internal memory? what kind of file explorerdo you use?
Behold my mighty

anbu_fritz

Post by anbu_fritz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Well my problem has just been resolved. I removed my sd card after transferring soul silver to my internal storage and then the drastic folder finally showed up. Thanks anyways, this thread can be deleted now.

P.S. I think restarting my phone solved it. I use an xperia zl

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:13 pm

anbu_fritz wrote:Well my problem has just been resolved. I removed my sd card after transferring soul silver to my internal storage and then the drastic folder finally showed up. Thanks anyways, this thread can be deleted now.

P.S. I think restarting my phone solved it. I use an xperia zl
yeah, i think the restart did coz i doubt removing your sd will doanything sinceyou can point te app toload roms stored on your sd card or usb (if your android supports it). in any case, congrats on fixing your problems and happygaming.
Behold my mighty

incognito27

Post by incognito27 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:05 pm

Question: Are the files only not showing on the PC side? Can you see them on the phone?

This is whats currently happening to me right now. Restart helps. But any new savegames donot appear until I restart again.
I can see the files using a file explorer on my phone, just not when I connect it to my PC.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:10 pm

incognito27 wrote:Question: Are the files only not showing on the PC side? Can you see them on the phone?

This is whats currently happening to me right now. Restart helps. But any new savegames donot appear until I restart again.
I can see the files using a file explorer on my phone, just not when I connect it to my PC.
i can see them just fine when i use my pc. it may/may not be hidden so please check folder properties on your pc and see if you can view hidden files.
Behold my mighty