Google Drive backup not working :(

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Lordus
Re: Google Drive backup not working :(

Post by Lordus » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:44 pm

yavihah7 wrote:Ok I inderstand now, have you tried testing them on another device?
MY problem started with the latest update implemented the bios and that scrwed my htc one since I deleted everything from the phone except my nexys 7 device. Tried at first using my bios and still had the same problem. The nexus 7 device had both bois from drastc and me and worked fine the google drive saves until I re-installed drastic on both my devices and even though it shows there are 2 save states available and even downloaded, I cant seem to load them.
here is a pic:
Image[/quote]

That's exactly how it looks, if the savestates were made using a different BIOS.
You said you had an original BIOS file installed, when you made the states, so they will only work with that. After re-installation, the original BIOS files are gone, and you only have the replacement BIOS there.
If you manually copy the original DS BIOS files into DraStic's system directory again, the saves should be displayed and work again.

In the next update you will be informed if the savestates are not compatible, instead of just not loading them.

knicks0320

Post by knicks0320 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Okay, I think my problem might be with the game itself. I just tried the function for the first time with a different game just to see what would happen and it worked just like it was supposed to. *Shrugs* maybe there's just something wrong with my game.

yavihah7

Post by yavihah7 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:31 pm

That's exactly how it looks, if the savestates were made using a different BIOS.
You said you had an original BIOS file installed, when you made the states, so they will only work with that. After re-installation, the original BIOS files are gone, and you only have the replacement BIOS there.
If you manually copy the original DS BIOS files into DraStic's system directory again, the saves should be displayed and work again.

In the next update you will be informed if the savestates are not compatible, instead of just not loading them.[/quote]

Did as you told me but now this happens.....

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:40 pm

Can you load them, and what happens, if you re-enter the save/load menu?

yavihah7

Post by yavihah7 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Lordus wrote:Can you load them, and what happens, if you re-enter the save/load menu?
It doesn't load them, It goes back to the game. I eve tried manually putting them without google drive and the emulator doesn't detect them.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:50 pm

Can you upload one of those states, so i can take a look?

yavihah7

Post by yavihah7 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:20 pm

Lordus wrote:Can you upload one of those states, so i can take a look?
yeah no problem its for pokemon platinum:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/od8l37td5hu71 ... inum_1.dss

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:03 pm

The save seems to work fine here. It shows up correctly and can be loaded.
Can you make a new save in one of the empty slots, and see if that works?

And the save was made with original DS BIOS files, so you have to use them.

yavihah7

Post by yavihah7 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:27 pm

Lordus wrote:The save seems to work fine here. It shows up correctly and can be loaded.
Can you make a new save in one of the empty slots, and see if that works?

And the save was made with original DS BIOS files, so you have to use them.
*sighs* :cry: tried saving in another slot but doesn't appear if I reset the game. And still see the glitched saves.

Would you mind making an in-game save for me and upload it, if its not much of a problem?

yavihah7

Post by yavihah7 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:36 pm

Edit: just downloaded previous version of emulator and that did the trick.