Frame skips when using speed up options

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Swobi
Frame skips when using speed up options

Post by Swobi » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:58 pm

Is there a way to turn of Frame skips when using the speed up function? With 100% Speed Pokémon is running perfectly smooth with Frame skips turned off in settings. And the right side of the frame counter always shows 100%. But as soon as I apply the 150% or 200% speed up option Frames get dropped and the right side of the frame counter fluctuates strongly while never reaching 100%. It looks exactly like on 100% speed with frame skip value at 9. I turned on multi thread 3d rendering but that didn't help. Same with the frame rate stabilizer option. My processor is the Snapdragon 855. I don't know if it should be able to handle 150% speed without Frame drops or not.

xperia64

Re: Frame skips when using speed up options

Post by xperia64 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:46 pm

Swobi wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:58 pm
Is there a way to turn of Frame skips when using the speed up function? With 100% Speed Pokémon is running perfectly smooth with Frame skips turned off in settings. And the right side of the frame counter always shows 100%. But as soon as I apply the 150% or 200% speed up option Frames get dropped and the right side of the frame counter fluctuates strongly while never reaching 100%. It looks exactly like on 100% speed with frame skip value at 9. I turned on multi thread 3d rendering but that didn't help. Same with the frame rate stabilizer option. My processor is the Snapdragon 855. I don't know if it should be able to handle 150% speed without Frame drops or not.
Currently frame skip cannot be disabled during fast forward. For reference, it gets set to the equivalent of manual frameskip 6.

Swobi

Post by Swobi » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:18 pm

xperia64 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:46 pm
Swobi wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:58 pm
Currently frame skip cannot be disabled during fast forward. For reference, it gets set to the equivalent of manual frameskip 6.
Thank you for the information. Is there a specific reason for that? I don't know how comparable this is, but on the "My Boy !" GBA emulator the fast forwarded game still looks like no Frames are being dropped.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:15 pm

Swobi wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:18 pm

Thank you for the information. Is there a specific reason for that? I don't know how comparable this is, but on the "My Boy !" GBA emulator the fast forwarded game still looks like no Frames are being dropped.
On older devices, frameskip was required to see any significant fast forward speed boost, and it was never updated.

Swobi

Post by Swobi » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:29 pm

xperia64 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:15 pm
Swobi wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:18 pm

On older devices, frameskip was required to see any significant fast forward speed boost, and it was never updated.
Thank you. In that case it sounds fixable to me. Do you know whether that topic is on the roadmap or if not how I could request (such) a feature?