Soulsilver: Savestate deleted after beating Top 4

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
DaDon
Soulsilver: Savestate deleted after beating Top 4

Post by DaDon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:24 am

Hey folks

this happens to my galaxy s3 since I've updated to version 2.1.6.2a. I had 2.1.1 before and I was about to beat the top 4, until I got the well-known graphix glitch that results in a game crash. I made my latest savestate during a fight, but each time I finished the fight, this glitch appeared, no matter how often I re-load my savestate. So I updated to 2.1.2a and I see the glitch is gone. Huray.

So I fought the rest of the elite and the champ, passed the following sequence, the credits and so on and returned to the main title screen.
I wanted to go on, but after touching the screen it says "savestate was deleted coz the files were broken bla bla"
I read this bug appears coz of an ingame save/emu savestate save conflict, but this should have been fixed in latest update and I didn't made a single ingame save, except of the automatical saves after beating elite 4..

I hope you got an idea how to fix it, the suggestions I found don't seem to work for me..

thank you :)

Jay Haru

Re: Soulsilver: Savestate deleted after beating Top 4

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:29 am

DaDon wrote:Hey folks

this happens to my galaxy s3 since I've updated to version 2.1.6.2a. I had 2.1.1 before and I was about to beat the top 4, until I got the well-known graphix glitch that results in a game crash. I made my latest savestate during a fight, but each time I finished the fight, this glitch appeared, no matter how often I re-load my savestate. So I updated to 2.1.2a and I see the glitch is gone. Huray.

So I fought the rest of the elite and the champ, passed the following sequence, the credits and so on and returned to the main title screen.
I wanted to go on, but after touching the screen it says "savestate was deleted coz the files were broken bla bla"
I read this bug appears coz of a ingame save/emu savestate save conflict, but this should have been fixed in latest update and I didn't made a single ingame save, except of the automatical saves after beating elite 4..

I hope you got an idea how to fix it, the suggestions I found don't seem to work for me..

thank you :)
do you have any savestate before battle of e4?
Behold my mighty

DaDon

Post by DaDon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:37 am

yeh I made one right in front of the elite 4 entrance, my team is 10-15 levels lower at this time.
I also made this save on version 2.1.1.. I could try to start from this point and beat elite 4 again but I guess after that I will be confronted with this bug, too

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:47 am

DaDon wrote:yeh I made one right in front of the elite 4 entrance, my team is 10-15 levels lower at this time.
I also made this save on version 2.1.1.. I could try to start from this point and beat elite 4 again but I guess after that I will be confronted with this bug, too
http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=818

you could try and dothis fix using that savestate.
Behold my mighty

DaDon

Post by DaDon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:54 am

you refer to the whole thread or to this post?
Here's something you can try that may or may not work:

1) Rename the in-game save file for the game to something else. It's in /sdcard/DraStic/backup and will be named like the ROM but with the extension ".dsv" This way the game will have no saves and will reformat them.
2) Load your save state and make an in-game save.
3) Reset the game (you can soft-reset with start + select + L + R) and try to load the in-game save.

Please let me know if that works.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:56 am

try the one with my name on it.
Behold my mighty

DaDon

Post by DaDon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:58 am

ok thx, I'll try

DaDon

Post by DaDon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:59 pm

doesn't work dayum. guess I have to wait for new version :|

beansta

Post by beansta » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:01 pm

Moral of the story is dont use savestates on pokemon games. Its not like u cant ingame save it easily anyway
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:33 pm

beansta wrote:Moral of the story is dont use savestates on pokemon games. Its not like u cant ingame save it easily anyway
its fine to use savestates on latest versions. its only cause of an old bug and an even annoying october bug that caused savestates to be quite unreliable.
Behold my mighty