Using DraStic without Google

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
TheDcoder
Re: Using DraStic without Google

Post by TheDcoder » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:02 am

GeeRayo wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:41 pm
It worked, thank you so much!
My pleasure :)
GeeRayo wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:41 pm
I hope not getting the account banned because of this microg mess n shit.
While this is technically possible, it is in Google's best interest to not ban your account. Also I don't think there ever have been cases of people ever getting banned from Play Store because they used a 3rd party app to download.

Some 3rd party stores even come with dedicated built-in "anonymous" accounts so that you can access the store without using your own credentials, good examples are Yalp Store (original, discountinued) and Aurora Store (forked, actively maintained).

GeeRayo

Post by GeeRayo » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:52 pm

Testing Aurora right now. btw, is there any custom rom that can actually run DraStic correctly? I'm using Lineage 17.1 and it's always the same, crashes, slowdowns n stuff. Only stock roms seem to work well.

TheDcoder

Post by TheDcoder » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:13 am

I used DraStick with LineageOS 16 with MicroG (they maintain a fork of LineageOS with support for microg), and it worked pretty well (aside from the switched screens glitch, which I was able to resolve by changing some settings). But I only tried 1 game - "Last Window: The Secret of Cape West"

It might be an issue with your mobile phone rather than the OS itself.

Naitou

Post by Naitou » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:55 am

TheDcoder wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:58 am
GeeRayo wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:09 pm
Where can I get the app? I don't have no gapps nor microg stuff.
Unfortunately you have to either wait for the DraStic team to open-source and release the app outside play store or use a different phone (or anything which can run play store) and use the play store to buy and install the app and then extract the APK.

You can also ask to developers to see if they are willing to give you an APK... maybe after donating a nominal amount.
Wasn't it supposed to release the source code in early April? developers really. I only care about the possible expansion and improvement of drastic. I do not mind paying for drastic the only thing I want that I can run the games better has you a lot and about the improvement of the save states and that they do not get corrupted

TheDcoder

Post by TheDcoder » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:25 am

Naitou wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:55 am
Wasn't it supposed to release the source code in early April? developers really.
Give them some time, development work is often unpredictable and usually takes a bit longer than the initial estimation.
Naitou wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:55 am
(...) about the improvement of the save states and that they do not get corrupted
It is a good idea to complement save states with actual game saves. Save states are actually very complicated because they have to preserve all of the present state of the emulator, which is hard to do in a complex system.