Using DraStic without Google

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
TheDcoder
Using DraStic without Google

Post by TheDcoder » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:35 am

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for making this great emulator, I bought it a few years ago and I have some nice memories bound to it.

Recently I bought a new phone and flashed a custom ROM onto it which does not include GApps (Google applications as well as Google Play Services). I do have microG installed which can emulate some parts of Google services.

Is there anyway I can use the app on my new phone? I do not want to use a cracked version because I have heard it has some intentional "bugs" in it which the app can detect and mess with the games.

I can obtian the paid original APK by using Yalp/Aurora store but I doubt I can (by)pass the license verification without issues. Maybe I am asking too much but can the devs make seperate builds which do not have license verification after manually verifying the purchase status of the user?

Regards,
TheDcoder

xperia64

Re: Using DraStic without Google

Post by xperia64 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:51 am

Please try the latest version (r2.5.2.1). There should no longer be issues with your use case, except maybe the Google Drive stuff. But the rest of the app should work.

TheDcoder

Post by TheDcoder » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:44 pm

Thanks for the reply xperia64! The app does indeed work without any issues, I just shared the app from my old phone (which has the paid version installed) to my new phone and it opened up without any issues... though I did not have any ROMs handy for testing gameplay.

I assume license verification is removed in this version? If yes, what was the motivation behind it?

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:30 pm

TheDcoder wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:44 pm
Thanks for the reply xperia64! The app does indeed work without any issues, I just shared the app from my old phone (which has the paid version installed) to my new phone and it opened up without any issues... though I did not have any ROMs handy for testing gameplay.

I assume license verification is removed in this version? If yes, what was the motivation behind it?
They're going to open-source the app soon, but some work needs to be done before the OSS release goes live.

TheDcoder

Post by TheDcoder » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:51 am

huckleberrypie wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:30 pm
They're going to open-source the app soon, but some work needs to be done before the OSS release goes live.
Sweet, can't wait to have it available on F-Droid :)

GeeRayo

Post by GeeRayo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:09 pm

I was going to open a thread with the same question. I bought drastic and I'm using a cROM with Android 10 (hope it works, because DraStic doesn't work in most cRoms I've tested). Where can I get the app? I don't have no gapps nor microg stuff.

TheDcoder

Post by TheDcoder » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:58 am

GeeRayo wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:09 pm
Where can I get the app? I don't have no gapps nor microg stuff.
Unfortunately you have to either wait for the DraStic team to open-source and release the app outside play store or use a different phone (or anything which can run play store) and use the play store to buy and install the app and then extract the APK.

You can also ask to developers to see if they are willing to give you an APK... maybe after donating a nominal amount.

GeeRayo

Post by GeeRayo » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:24 am

Actually I have bought the app (twice, I got one account hacked). Anyway, I found an apk, working flawlessly without google crap!

TheDcoder

Post by TheDcoder » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:29 am

You might be able to download the official APK since you have already bought it on the store, try Raccoon APK Downloader.

GeeRayo

Post by GeeRayo » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:41 pm

It worked, thank you so much! I hope not getting the account banned because of this microg mess n shit.