Question about save game location

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Shuriken
Question about save game location

Post by Shuriken » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:33 pm

I know know that the in game saves should be in the saves states folder but for some reason the in game saves are in the backups folder. Should this be a problem down the line?

Jay Haru

Re: Question about save game location

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:37 pm

Shuriken wrote:I know know that the in game saves should be in the saves states folder but for some reason the in game saves are in the backups folder. Should this be a problem down the line?
well,the game has 2 savetypes. one is ingame saves (.dsv) which are game saves while savestates (.dss) are emulator saves. using both are fine.
Behold my mighty

Shuriken

Post by Shuriken » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:48 pm

What i was referring to was http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=862
"Version 2.1.6a:
- In-game saves are now stored in savestates by default"

I was just curious since all of my in game saves were saved in "Backup" rather than "savestats" as advertised. Not facing any problems or anything, just thought it was strange that my saves weren't in the place that the patchnotes said they should be. If this is a problem, that would be nice to know, although I don't think it will be since i pretty much only use in game saves to avoid any potential corrupted data.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:13 pm

Shuriken wrote:What i was referring to was http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=862
"Version 2.1.6a:
- In-game saves are now stored in savestates by default"

I was just curious since all of my in game saves were saved in "Backup" rather than "savestats" as advertised. Not facing any problems or anything, just thought it was strange that my saves weren't in the place that the patchnotes said they should be. If this is a problem, that would be nice to know, although I don't think it will be since i pretty much only use in game saves to avoid any potential corrupted data.
youre misunderstanding the term. what is stated means that savestates has a copy of ingame saves stored within them (if you cared to notice, the .dss files are a bit larger than when it was not implemented). this doesnt mean that ingame saves are stored in savestates folder. ingame saves are still saved on the backup folder.
Behold my mighty