Google Drive

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Deadlykris
Google Drive

Post by Deadlykris » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:33 am

I'm using DraStic on a Motorola Droid 3. It works great, I'm really impressed with it. The one thing I'm having a problem with is using the Google Drive functionality. I can get it to upload save states to Google Drive, but 1) the app crashes afterwards and 2) the save state doesn't work in DeSmuME. The game in question is Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies.

My most recent test was with Wifi enabled; this was also the only time I ever saw the save state appear on the Google Drive. I went to the Save menu and clicked on the desired save state, and chose "upload to Google Drive." I was prompted to select which Google account to use, so I selected one and continued. I was prompted again, so I selected the same one again. The save state appeared twice in Google Drive, but the save state slots in the app appeared blank, and app crashed after backing out of the save menu and re-entering it. I downloaded one copy of the file and opened it in DeSmuME, and it behaved as if I had loaded a completely blank save state - the ingame save file was empty. Loading the save state I made with DeSmuME brought back the existing ingame save file (not a huge loss if I had lost it, as I've only progressed that save state a few seconds in - I was having trouble with DeSmuME crashing and I wanted to make sure it was stable. but I have only played the game on my phone with DraStic at this point).

Just now I tried again, except this time I chose a different Google account at each prompt (I chose the first account at the first prompt, and the second account I have at the second prompt). The app crashed immediately. I also loaded the save state this time before trying to upload it.

I tried one more time, this time only selecting the second account, and I got the same results as the first time (I didn't download the save state to see if it was valid, right now I'm more concerned about the crashing of the app - Google Drive isn't my preferred method for transferring files between my computer and my phone lol).

I don't know if WiFi is relevant, I'll have to do more tests later but it's getting on towards time for me to go to work. If anyone has any input it would be much appreciated.

Jay Haru

Re: Google Drive

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:11 am

Deadlykris wrote:I'm using DraStic on a Motorola Droid 3. It works great, I'm really impressed with it. The one thing I'm having a problem with is using the Google Drive functionality. I can get it to upload save states to Google Drive, but 1) the app crashes afterwards and 2) the save state doesn't work in DeSmuME. The game in question is Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies.

My most recent test was with Wifi enabled; this was also the only time I ever saw the save state appear on the Google Drive. I went to the Save menu and clicked on the desired save state, and chose "upload to Google Drive." I was prompted to select which Google account to use, so I selected one and continued. I was prompted again, so I selected the same one again. The save state appeared twice in Google Drive, but the save state slots in the app appeared blank, and app crashed after backing out of the save menu and re-entering it. I downloaded one copy of the file and opened it in DeSmuME, and it behaved as if I had loaded a completely blank save state - the ingame save file was empty. Loading the save state I made with DeSmuME brought back the existing ingame save file (not a huge loss if I had lost it, as I've only progressed that save state a few seconds in - I was having trouble with DeSmuME crashing and I wanted to make sure it was stable. but I have only played the game on my phone with DraStic at this point).

Just now I tried again, except this time I chose a different Google account at each prompt (I chose the first account at the first prompt, and the second account I have at the second prompt). The app crashed immediately. I also loaded the save state this time before trying to upload it.

I tried one more time, this time only selecting the second account, and I got the same results as the first time (I didn't download the save state to see if it was valid, right now I'm more concerned about the crashing of the app - Google Drive isn't my preferred method for transferring files between my computer and my phone lol).

I don't know if WiFi is relevant, I'll have to do more tests later but it's getting on towards time for me to go to work. If anyone has any input it would be much appreciated.
let me get this straight... you are trying to use google drive functionality on drastic first without wifi? if this is the case then of course it wont work as drive is an online service. as for it crashing afterwards, i dunno, i use google drive at times and it works fine.

second, desmume and drastic have incompatible savestates (dss). they can only share ingame saves (dsv) and even then some games like pokemon black 2 still has incompatibilities.
Behold my mighty

Deadlykris

Re: Google Drive

Post by Deadlykris » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Jay Haru wrote:let me get this straight... you are trying to use google drive functionality on drastic first without wifi?
Yes. My phone has data service. If Drive requires WiFi to work, that's fine, but I would think 3G would work, even if it's slower.
Jay Haru wrote: as for it crashing afterwards, i dunno, i use google drive at times and it works fine.
That's really the main problem I'm concerned with.
Jay Haru wrote: second, desmume and drastic have incompatible savestates (dss). they can only share ingame saves (dsv) and even then some games like pokemon black 2 still has incompatibilities.
Didn't know that. Thanks for the info; that means that the save states may actually be valid. Either way, once I can figure out why it crashes I can see if the states are saving properly online, but I'd guess they probably are.