(1 game only) Game frozen but music plays [SOLVED]

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
ReekRend
(1 game only) Game frozen but music plays [SOLVED]

Post by ReekRend » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:35 pm

My experience and solution in case it helps anyone else.

Problem:
In one game only (Pokemon Platinum) all save states are frozen (nothing moves, accept no inputs) but the music plays fine, there are no errors, and it freezes if I try to load the regular savegame.

Solution:
Uninstall and reinstall DraStic DS, put only the save state file I wanted back, and it works fine again.

Background:
I tried everything, pretty much. All other games work fine, but Pokemon Platinum wouldn't work even if I removed the savegame and reset the cart to start a new game (froze while creating new game). Removed and replaced every savegame and savestate file one at a time, did not fix anything. I could run a different or renamed copy of Platinum and it would work to start a new game, but it would freeze if I tried using any of the save games/states with it. I honestly did not believe reinstalling DDS would make any difference but it was the only thing I had left to try. I could not find anyone else with a similar problem.

BTW most sources I found said that the DDS save files are in /internal/Android/data/com.drastic, but on mine it's in /internal/Drastic.

[Adding version, sorry]

r2.1.6.2a
Last edited by ReekRend on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay Haru

Re: (1 game only) Game frozen but music plays [SOLVED]

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:48 pm

What version of drastic are you using? (please state version number) also, the one found on data folder was old version of drastic, newer version moved it to the root.

I dont know why it hangs on your device coz i havent experienced that problem.
Behold my mighty

ReekRend

Re: (1 game only) Game frozen but music plays [SOLVED]

Post by ReekRend » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:33 pm

I have no idea what caused it to hang, it wasn't while I was playing, just when I went back to play later starting at the quicksave.

Again it was only that one game, and I had zero problems before it froze, and zero problems since I reinstalled.

I added the DDS version to my original post: r.2.1.6.2a
I am using a Motorola Droid 3 btw, 1Ghz dual core, 512MB RAM.