Pokemon Games suffering Octoberfest (read it before posting)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
JePP
Re: Pokemon Games suffering Octoberfest (read it before post

Post by JePP » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:08 am

Haha this is terrible but yet so awesome, is the Pandora version affected by this as well by the way?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:53 am

Probably,seeing as Pandora and Android uses almost the same build.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:36 am

JePP wrote:Haha this is terrible but yet so awesome, is the Pandora version affected by this as well by the way?
Yeah, and I posted about it on the Pandora forums.

This is going to be a great October :P

nikolito21

Post by nikolito21 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:53 am

I already have the latest version but I'm still encountering the same issue. :( only way to play is to change the date. oh well

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:53 am

nikolito21 wrote:I already have the latest version but I'm still encountering the same issue. :( only way to play is to change the date. oh well
You either don't actually have the latest version (says it on the menu) or you're resuming from a savestate that's already broken, although that shouldn't be fixed by changing the date. If that's the case you can try making and resuming from an in-game save.

AreDee

Post by AreDee » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:50 am

I think my savestate is broken. I changed the date on my phone, but my game is still frozen (I can hear music and everything, my character just won't move at all). I have one in-game save, but it was made quite a while ago and I've progressed in the game a lot since then, so I would hate to have to go back to that. Is there anything I can do to restore my game at all?

One thing I've noticed: when I try to hit 'load' on another save state, it goes back to the main DraStic screen. When I hit 'continue', it still loads the savestate I was playing when I exited the game, not the one I had just selected. I usually make two savestates everytime I quit the game, so I'm hoping that even if one is broken, the other is fine - except that the emulator keeps loading the first one. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Also, if I do update the app, would I lose my previous savestates? Is there any sort of backup I should do before I try to update?

Sorry if I haven't gotten anything right... this is my first time using an emulator so it's all a bit foreign to me!

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:58 am

AreDee wrote:I think my savestate is broken. I changed the date on my phone, but my game is still frozen (I can hear music and everything, my character just won't move at all). I have one in-game save, but it was made quite a while ago and I've progressed in the game a lot since then, so I would hate to have to go back to that. Is there anything I can do to restore my game at all?

One thing I've noticed: when I try to hit 'load' on another save state, it goes back to the main DraStic screen. When I hit 'continue', it still loads the savestate I was playing when I exited the game, not the one I had just selected. I usually make two savestates everytime I quit the game, so I'm hoping that even if one is broken, the other is fine - except that the emulator keeps loading the first one. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Also, if I do update the app, would I lose my previous savestates? Is there any sort of backup I should do before I try to update?

Sorry if I haven't gotten anything right... this is my first time using an emulator so it's all a bit foreign to me!
first try to upgrade to 2.1.6.2. your saves would be fine.
Behold my mighty

AreDee

Post by AreDee » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:58 am

Jay Haru wrote:
AreDee wrote:I think my savestate is broken. I changed the date on my phone, but my game is still frozen (I can hear music and everything, my character just won't move at all). I have one in-game save, but it was made quite a while ago and I've progressed in the game a lot since then, so I would hate to have to go back to that. Is there anything I can do to restore my game at all?

first try to upgrade to 2.1.6.2. your saves would be fine.
Updated, and it's perfect. Thanks so much! :)