Drastic DS Locking Up

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Transpose
Drastic DS Locking Up

Post by Transpose » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:13 pm

Well technically my entire phone locks up, but only after using Drastic for some extent of time.

Anyway, I use a Samsung Galaxy SIII running Cyanogen Mod 10.1.2 and this has occured with every version you've released so far.
I do not believe it is your app that is at fault, but I'm unsure of what's causing this. So onto the more specific details...

It doesn't seem to matter which game I'm playing, but after having Drastic installed and using it for an extended period of time (I don't mean in one sitting),
my phone begins to lock up after every 15 seconds or so of gameplay. Everything is unresponsive and will eventually return to normal on it's own after
waiting what feels like forever, but it will lock up again after a short period of time. This cycle continues until I re-install Drastic, but the problem never fails
to reappear.

I've also noticed that if I lock my phone whilst it's unresponsive (it takes a bit to lock, but it does work), and then unlock it everything will run normally for
a short bit before locking up again, so while this doesn't really solve anything, it does keep me from having to wait for it to sort itself out. Of course either
way it locks up again, but I figured this might be useful information.

I've searched online for anyone having similar issues, but I can't seem to find anyone else having this issue which is really depressing.

I also do not have cheats enabled. This is just really annoying, so if anyone has any idea what's going on please let me know.
Of course any advice would be useful at this point haha. Thanks for taking the time to read this, I really love your emulator. I just wish I
wasn't having this issue. n_n
Last edited by Transpose on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My passion outweighs my intelligence, so I colour outside of the lines.

Exophase

Re: Drastic DS Locking Up

Post by Exophase » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:19 pm

I've heard of other people having stability problems with CM 10.2, although not exactly like you're describing them.

Transpose

Post by Transpose » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:32 pm

Exophase wrote:I've heard of other people having stability problems with CM 10.2, although not exactly like you're describing them.
Just my luck. :\ Well I suppose updating to CM 10.1.3 would be worth a shot. Probably my only chance at an actual solution really since I seem to be
the only one experiencing this so far haha.

Thanks, I'll give updating a shot and report back after I've tested Drastic. n_n
Last edited by Transpose on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Transpose

Post by Transpose » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:34 am

Well I updated to CM 10.1.3 and the problem persists... q_q I suppose I could try a completely different rom though. What a drag. q_q

ZackFair0

Post by ZackFair0 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:34 am

It's not Drastic :ds: its definitely CM10 I had the same problem before I changed to aokp after that it started to work flawlessly but unfortunately its not flawless on all games some games are slow because. I am certain that if you change to a new rom it'll work

Transpose

Post by Transpose » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:34 pm

ZackFair0 wrote:It's not Drastic :ds: its definitely CM10 I had the same problem before I changed to aokp after that it started to work flawlessly but unfortunately its not flawless on all games some games are slow because. I am certain that if you change to a new rom it'll work
Thanks haha. I actually found that out myself after trying out a few different roms to see if it really could be CM10 causing the problems and it works perfectly now.

Actually, I even tried the latest nightly release of CM and it seems to work fine there as well. So whatever the problem was seems to have been resolved, thankfully. n_n